Chapter 13

Waking up, I realised that the president was coming to help me pack today. If my mom was out of the house, we could probably get some done. For once, I put on a simple pair of pants, and a sweater, and pulled my hair back. As I usually did, I ate my breakfast at the table, and my mother came downstairs to say good morning. When I heard a knock on the door. Moms head shot up. I ran to answer it, before she could get out of her chair. Pulling the door open, I saw Jack's beaming face appearing from behind.

"Hi, please come in." I motioned for him to enter. Mother looked stunned, and fixed her hair immediately.

"Mr President, this is my Mother, Blair Wilson, you've spoken on the phone, for a short time."

"Delighted." he smiled, shaking her hand. Stunned, she said nothing back. "Shall we pack?" he asked, turning to me. I nodded as a reply, as I lead him upstairs.

"Pretty small compared to what you're used to." I laughed.

"Just a little." He laughed in return, as he began to gather a small amount of ornaments, carefully wrapping them and placing them in boxes. The sound of footprints suddenly became louder as I realised that my mother was coming upstairs. Looking at Jack, he clocked what I was trying to get across to him. The door opened, and mothers beaming face creeped in.

"Hello kids, want anything?" she asked, obviously trying to kiss up to the president.

"Mom, A.he's 45, I'm 23, we're not kids, B. No, goodbye." She looked offended, but carried on talking.

"And you Mr President?" She asked him.

"No thanks Ma'am, I'm good." he smiled, so convincingly.

"Okay, well I'm going to meet a few friends for lunch so I'll be back in an hour or so." She waved goodbye, and shut the door. Immediately, we burst into laughter, Clinging onto each other for breath.

"I haven't laughed like this in forever." I gasped for breath. Gazing into my eyes, he breathed steadily, calmly, wrapping his arms around me as he did so. I threw myself on him, as our lips pressed together.

"Are you sure?" He asked, hesitantly

"I've never been more sure of anything in my life..." I whispered, as he laid me down...

~A week later~

"Just put that in there." Jack told the movers, and he showed me to my room in the White House. It was beautiful, small, but still beautiful. And also still bigger than my room at home, except I couldn't call it that now, this was my home. I looked around as a butler placed some sheets on my bed. I could really get used to this. The smell of men's cologne wafted into my room as I head Jack talking to one of the movers.

"How do you like it then?" he smiled, leaning against the door frame.

"You really didn't have to do all this." I smiled, humbled.

"Well I want you to feel like you belong." he told me, serious now. "I brought you a little housewarming gift, I'm not much good at finding women's gifts, but here." He handed me a small box, and I opened it, anticipating what would be inside. Removing the tissue, layer after layer, the shape of the present slowly became more obvious. It was a bottle of Chanel No.5, I was speechless.

"I love it, I really do." I wrapped my arms around him.

"Well so do I, it almost hurts having to shower it off." He smirked, while I playfully punched him. As I returned to unpacking, someone burst in, panting.

"Mr President! The press, they think you and Marianne are having an affair."....