Chapter 32

After Lee had left, Bobby and ted came, in anticipation of the march on Washington, that was to be led by Martin Luther King. Everybody was on the edge of their seats waiting, anything could happen today, if things got out of hand. Bobby could barely sit down, he was too nervous to think. The scenes that day were unforgettable,the president with his head in his hands, running worst case scenarios over in his head, Ted and Bobby pacing up and down the Oval Office, and me sat next to jack, deep in thought.
"What's gonna happen if thy start rioting? Were right near them!" Robert exclaimed.
"They have no problem with me, I support every one of their ideals." Jack Retorted. Silence again.

The tedious silence continued throughout the following hours, with people saying things but almost immediately retracting whatever they'd come up with.
"All we can do is wait it out." I said, eventually.
"What?"Bobby looked over to me, his brow furrowed.
"We can't do anything about it, they have no problem with Jack, so there's nothing to do but wait it out." I told him, and he nodded, still pacing up and down. "Do you want a drink, Mr Kennedy?"
"Yes, a scotch, thankyou." He said.
"Mr President, Edward?" they both shook their heads, so I walked to get Robert his drink, which would hopefully settle him a little.

When I returned, Jack was twisting his chair, with his head in his hands again. I handed the drink to Bobby, which he instantly gulped down. When Martin Luther King was due to make his speech, I turned on the radio. All three of them lifted their heads, and stared at me.
"I'm putting your minds at rest." I simply told them, and sat down. When MLK began to speak, everyone stopped fidgeting, just to listen to what he had to say.
"I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our nation." He began, and through the entire thing, we listened intently.

After it finished, Ted began to clap, then Jack, then Me, and finally Bobby, all in utter amazement of what we'd just heard. Jack called the butler, and had him bring us all champagne. Everyone had finally settled down, so we toasted, to a bright future...