Epilogue

After I left the White House, I had nowhere to go. I couldn't go back to my mothers house, our relationship wasn't good enough anymore, and I only saw her once after I'd left the white house. However, Clint took me in, even though he was married- he divorced the following January. He waited until I was ready to be in a relationship, which wasn't for some months after jack had died. And eventually, in 1965, I married him, and we had a child in 1967.

Clint was still in the secret service, so still worked at the white house. It was a painful thing, going back there, almost unbearable. When we went to parties there I always had to go to the pool, it was like a magnetic force that drew me to memories of Jack. And I always left in tears, so I stopped going to the parties, I stayed away from the white house.
I still have the pearl necklace he gave me, and his bottle of cologne on my dresser. I also have the Walter Houston record that I gave him. I'd been pushed to get rid of it for years, but I couldn't, It had too much sentimental value.

In 1994, Jackie died. I saw Caroline and John at her funeral, and Caroline recognised me perfectly, the sad thing was, I never got to say goodbye the first time round. John didn't recognise me, but I didn't expect him to- the last time I saw him he was barely three.

It's been a good life, but I've never spoken of jack to anyone except clint, I couldn't. And every year, on November 22nd, at 12.30, I raised a glass to Jack. And If anyone asked why, I just told them I loved the president. And to this day I've never believed the official assassination story, I was sat behind him when it happened. That shot, that fatal bullet wound, did not come from behind.

I'm thankful for that invitation, because I wouldn't be the person I am today without it. I wouldn't have met Jack, I wouldn't have met Jackie, I wouldn't have met Clint. My life is so much better now.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."- John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

Authors note
Thankyou all so much for reading, I honestly can't believe that 2000 of you did and it's just not real. I'd dedicated this chapter to some people but I really don't know how. Thankyou all so much for the support, and motivation, I really needed it. JFK is such and inspiration to me and I will be publishing something on November 22nd, at 12.30 probably, to commemorate his death and to remember him. I'll probably leave a couple of weeks before I write anything else because I only usually have time to either read or write, so I'll take some time to read all of the stories I have queued up. Also, I hope to be a director, and maybe one day if I have enough money on my hands,I can make this into a movie- Who knows? Anyway, thank you all again, and goodbye for now.