Chapter 7

As I arrived home, I placed my coat on the chair that I sat on when this all started. I knew I'd been stupid. I knew I shouldn't have done what I did. But it had happened now and there was no going back. I wasn't so much worried about Jackie hating me as I was people finding out- I couldn't be known as the woman that broke up the most powerful couple in the country. Eyeing the phone In the corner, I waited for it to ring.

Friday: nothing

Saturday:nothing

Sunday: nothing

It was Monday morning again, however this week I wouldn't be enjoying walks or swimming with the president. I'd be going into work like I usually do, then coming home, watching television, and going to bed. As I put up my hair, I heard the phone ringing . My head shot up, and I stood, tripping over a shoebox on the floor, then running as fast as I could down the stairs.

"Blair Wilson speaking, who is this?" my mom had answered.

"Well yes, she's right here, I'll put her on." she said into the phone, then covering the receiver, she whispered "It's president Kennedy."

I took the phone from her and shooed her away.

"Hello Mr President. It's been a while."

"Three days isn't my definition of a while." he laughed

"Yes well it seemed like forever."

"My wife and I would like to invite you to have dinner with us tonight, to sort things out."

"Really?"

"Yes, believe me I'd rather just take a stroll or something but it's the only way to make things right." I was disappointed, I knew this probably meant the end of us. But it had to happen at some point.

"Yes, okay- I suppose We do need to figure the situation out."

"Okay, see you around seven?" He asked

"Yeah, see you then." Then I put the phone down.

I put on a navy blue skirt suit, with a pearl necklace, and let my hair loose down my back. I drove my usual route to the White House, but this time more apprehensively than others. I parked my car In the usual place, and sheepishly got out. Walking up the stairs, I almost rehearsed what I would say, how I would apologise. When I finally reached the door, I knocked, and waited for an answer. Then it opened, at the door was Jackie, I froze, and forgot everything I'd practiced...