Chapter 6

"Darling...You're home." He breathed.

"It doesn't look like you want me here." Jackie snarled back.

"Look, it's not what it looks like."

"Obviously not, it's not the fact that I'm just not good enough for you!" She yelled. All I could do was stand there and watch, I didn't know what else to do.

"You are Jackie! I love you!" he pleaded."Jackie please!"

She scowled at me, and stormed outside, I heard the sound of a motor, and then silence. Jack sat back down in his chair, and placed his head in his hands.

"Mr President?" I whispered. He raised his head, tears ran down his cheeks.

"It's not the first time." he told me, strained. I didn't know what else to say. All I could do was hug him, and kiss his cheek as he cried into his palms. I'd never seen a man cry, and I never imagined the first time I did would be the president. The smell of his 4711 cologne almost invaded my nostrils as I sat beside him. I couldn't be falling in love with a man twice my age, better yet, a married man that was twice my age.

"It's okay, we all have to give in to temptation sometimes. Even the strongest of us."I finally blurted out, causing him to look up, straight at me.

"What do you mean?" he asked me.

"You were a temptation that I gave into." I kissed him on the cheek, stood up, and handed him a paper with my number on. "Its probably best if you call me for a while now- I don't want to call and have your wife answer."

He nodded, and looked at the number on the paper slip.

"Bye Mr President."

"Goodbye, I'll ring sometime soon." he was still in tears....