Chapter 18

"I missed that." Jack smiled as he put on his blazer, I giggled in response- so did I. There was like some sort of magnetic force pulling us together, and it was hard to resist.

"Oh, by the way- the family are coming round for thanksgiving, would you like to join us? Your mother can come if she'd like." He asked. A few months ago, I'd have been in shock about this- but now it was just another invitation. "Yes, that'd be great- don't know about my mother though. Who's coming?"

"Do I really have to list it?" he laughed, putting a pill into his mouth. I assumed it was for his addisons, and carried on trying to get my pearls on. As soon as he saw I was having trouble, he ran to my assistance, tying the necklace by the clasp. I could feel his breath on my neck, the feeling made me laugh. The smell of his Eight and Bob cologne tingled my nostrils.

"You're wearing a lot of cologne today Mr President." I remarked.

"Uh, that's not me." he laughed, as he placed my arm in front of my nose. "Take a shower." I nodded, and started walking to my bathroom. "Mr president?"

"Yes."

"I didn't know you wore Chanel." I smirked, shutting the door behind me. Again, I walked past Bobby in the hallway, and he wrinkled his nose when I did. When I finally reached the nearest bathroom, I got into the shower, and began to wash my hair. Out of nowhere, I heard a knock on the door. "Hello? Is anyone in there?" Someone shouted- it was Jackie.

"Yeah, I'm taking a shower, why?"

"Caroline's going to throw up, can she come in?"

"Yeah, wait a minute." I quickly jumped out of the shower, and wrapped myself in a towel. As soon as I opened the door, she ran in. I could see Jackie out of the corner of my eye, as I hid behind the shower curtain.

"Why can I smell Jack's cologne?" she said to herself.

"He spilt it on me when he was putting it on, he have me the afternoon off so I'm taking a shower so I don't smell of it." I laughed, trying my best to be as convincing as possible. She just laughed, and muttered "Jack and that damn cologne." while she walked Caroline out of the bathroom, and thanked me for letting her in. As I got back in the shower, I contemplated the risks of Jack and I's affair. And thought that maybe it wasn't the best idea.

At 5pm that evening, Mr Kennedy called me into his office, I didn't know what about, but I turned up anyway. I knocked on the door, and was called in- to find Jack and Bobby stood waiting for me.

"Mr President, Mr Kennedy- what's wrong?" I asked, worried.

"I don't goddamn know he won't tell me." Jack sounded annoyed, and turned to Bobby.

"Okay, I know about you two." he said, making Jack and I look at each other, him urging me to make something up.

"What do you mean?" I replied.

"I saw you both, you know, in here earlier."....