Today's Yesterday

Devyn and Kat were holding Dawson. My ears rung after I shot the gun. We all looked at each other afraid.

Who would have thought?

I closed my eyes and opened them.

I was somewhere else.

Killing her gave me the chance to come back.

I just shot my wife. Without hesitation.

This is all happening too fast.

I needed a breather. I ran to the kitchen sitting in a chair.

Fuck that was alot.

"Colby? Are you alright?" I hear her mother say.

I was back to the day I asked her mother about her father.

We had the same conversation. Only different thing was, I cut it short. Not to mention, I asked for a name.

I now know what his name is.

His name was Danny L/N.

My Father's first name was Danny too. Well, that was what my Mom called him. At the time. His first name was Daniel.

Doesn't matter right now.

What matters is, that I stop him before he can even make it half way to the mansion.

I call some old friends to help me find this man.

"This dude is familiar."

I assumed it would be.

Assassination was part of the gang. I don't know why I didn't think of it before.

Turns out he was,

Incredibly familiar.

"Dude, he used to work for us."

"Find his location. Hold him somewhere secure. I have some business I need to take care of with this guy. He is putting my family at risk."

"Got it, Colby." I hung up.

If Y/n wants him dead, he will die on my terms.

Not at our wedding ceremony.

I have two days to question him until I decide to bring him up to her.

When she sees him, she will most likely freak out in the same way.

I have to be prepared for the worst.

Again, again, and again.

A day passed. I was surprised at how fast they found him.

He was near. Clearly he was planning some shit.

I go upstairs. I pack a bag quickly. Hoping to not wake her up. It was three o'clock in the morning. She shifts.

Damnit.

It hit me that she is alive.

I came up with a story to tell Y/n. To cover it up. I hate lying to her.

"Hey babe, I gotta go somewhere. It's Urgent." She looks at me confused.

"Everything okay?"

Fuck.

"Everything is okay." I say not looking her.

"You're packing?" She sits up.

"Long trip. I will be back before the wedding." She gets up rubbing her face.

"Wait, Colby. Explain to me what is going on. Why you have a bag packed?-"

I cut her off.

"I'll be back. I promise. It's something with Sam. He wants me to come with him." She
Closes her eyes and opens them.