Will You Miss Me?

Colby~

I look for my phone. Once I find it I hand it to her.

"Call your Mom." She nods her head nervous.

She dials the number. I start getting dressed.

"Mom?" She says.

"Y/n where are you?! You have me worried sick where did you go last night?"

"I'm at a friend's house. I'm sorry I never called. We have a project due and we still need time."

"Just as long as you tell me next time."

"So I can spend the rest of this weekend? 60% of our grade."

"The weekend? Okay I guess that could work. Next time don't send me a text like that and not answer." Her eyes went wide like she remembered something.

Y/n~
I know what it was about. I had forgotten after a while. The image was clear the moment she mentioned.

"What did you mean when you said you couldn't do this anymore?"

"I meant I was tired of feeling terrible I couldn't feel terrible anymore. I just wanted things to get better mood wise. I feel alot better now that I'm not stressed with college preparation at the moment." That wasn't it. I had flashbacks. Bullying at school. No friends except one. Trauma I can't get rid of.

"So you wanted a break at your friends house?" She questions.

"Right." Wrong.

I'm too good of a liar.

"Okay well will I see you Monday after school?"

"Yeah Mom. I promise. I'll see you later. Love you goodbye." I hung up and Colby was looking at me.

"What?" I ask.

"What was supposed to happen today?" He holds onto his bicep.

"I attempted to kill myself." He looks at me wide eyed.

"Why?" He asks me hugging me tightly.

"You know why." I pull away. He nods.

"Fucking highschool. I'm sorry I wasn't there." I look at him smiling.

"Even if you were, you probably never would have wanted to talk to me."

"I would change that for you." He holds my hand.

"It's better that you don't. We know what we became together. We are married, and happy." He kisses my lips.

"Yes we are."

"Cole!" His father calls for him.

"Coming! I'm gonna ask him about my tattoo. I'm gonna ask questions. The thing I'm afraid of is seeing him die again. I can't prevent it. It could result in me dying." I nod.

"I'm gonna take a plane home. In that time I'll actually go hang with my friend and call you right away."

He hands me my phone. It was lying on his dresser.

"Here's a charger." He hands me his extra.

I put my hand in my shorts pocket.

"I have one. Now go call me. Be careful. I mean it. Do exactly wat you did last time. This is for our babies. After we get this information, I can talk to Jordan for his reasoning. I love you Colby. Be safe." He nods tearing up.

I hug him tightly.

"I love you Y/n." He kisses me deeply.

I walked out of his house and took a taxi to the nearest airport.

Unknown: Will you miss me?

I get a text as I'm driving in the taxi. It wasn't Colby. I remember who it is.

Unknown: End it all? Won't you miss me?

My heart drops.

Y/n: Wouldn't you like to know?

Unknown: Don't push your luck. I'm going easy on you.

I ignore the rest of the messages.

Bullies. Typical tactics.

I block the number.

Fuck these highschool hoes.

I've escaped you all before. Watch me do it again.

I wonder how many days it will take for us to get the information and keep the timeline the way it is.

Colby~
I look at my Dad as he eats his breakfast. I can't even scratch at the surface.

The remembrance of him dying is killing me.

"Dad, can I ask you something?" He looks at me nodding.

"Why did you get involved with this?" He pauses.

"Because, it's what I do best Cole." I nod.

"Dad have you ever been able to do something you never thought you could?" He looks at me confused.

"Yes." He continues eating.

"Like supernatural-ish?" He looks at me wide eyed."

"No. Why do you ask?" He questions me.

"You know I can time travel." He looks up at me.

"How do you know this?" He looks at me shocked.

"I'm really an adult. I graduated. I have two children. One born. One unborn," He looks at me am starts tearing up.

"I just thought you should know that. Why is this possible Dad? Why can I travel through time?"

"It's a curse. You tattoo. There was an ink that was cursed. The ability is time travel."

"Why me?"

"Because you eventually become responsible. I trust the world in you hands." He smiles at me.

"Wait, can you?" He nods.

"That's why I have to die. Jordan wants this power. I have to die so he thinks I was the last one. He eventually finds out that I wasn't the only one. He created her tattoo. Only she could figure out his reasoning."

"She helps you become stronger. Without my help. I can't change that. Without me you did all of this and you matured. You left."

"We have to do the same thing that we did this day." He smiles.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you Dad. I wanted to."

"If I hadn't left you would have stayed here. This life isn't meant for you. You feel and know in your heart what you want." He pats my back and grabs his keys.

"Let's go." He says opening the door.

Y/n~

On the flight.

It's been hours. This flight. I am afraid to close my eyes.

One blink of the eye and I could be somewhere without Colby.

The only thing I can focus on it going back to Kansas.

What I this going to be like again?

I search through my pockets. I find a piece of paper. It was in my hand writing.

Trigger warning

"I can't do this. Not today. Not ever. My Dad couldn't stay for the life of him. I have one friend who will probably get tired of my shit and leave like everyone else. I'm tired of my life. I am miserable. I'm not happy. I'll never be happy. That's why I should go. Thank you Mom for being here. I'm sorry I have to do this. I can't hurt anymore.

Sincerely,

Y/n"

I should have told Colby. The only way the timeline can stay the same is if I attempt. Again.

Will the outcome be the same?