11.

14 weeks

Today was the day. Calum was leaving to tour Europe and I would be without him for nearly a month. We'd spent nearly every day of the last week together and I was pleasantly surprised by how we got on.

He was amazingly thoughtful and one hundred percent committed to the baby. He'd insisted on buying me a large box of ginger tea and preparing it every time I was sick whilst he was around.

I would miss our conversations, our couch-tv binges, and his company. I would miss him. The realization was a little hard to swallow. Sure we were having a baby together, but we weren't together. We had become quite friendly and settled into a comfortable place that worked for us. He seemed unwilling to test those boundaries and so I respected that. It was important to me that our baby have two parents who could work together as a team and I wouldn't push anything for fear of ruining the balance we had found.

Our current relationship left me feeling particularly conflicted about his impending departure. Up to this point we'd remained incredibly mum about my pregnancy, the only people who knew were myself and Calum along with Lena. I haven't worked up the nerve to call my dad yet and Calum has yet to  mention telling the boys. I was a little off put by that, knowing he was incredibly close with them, considering them brothers. I tried not to let myself dwell on the idea that he may be trying to hide me and the baby from them. I told myself he was just trying to avoid causing drama before their tour. I was going to miss him while he was away, but I wasn't sure if I even had the right to.

Last night, before he left, he had insisted on me agreeing to let him drop by before heading to the airport to meet his band. I'd reluctantly agreed, though I knew it meant I'd be a mess watching him drive away. Now I sat on my living room couch waiting to hear the hum of his car in the driveway and his firm knock at my door. When it finally came I released a puff of air and tried to prepare myself to say goodbye to him, at least for now.

Lena, who had arrived bright, early, and uninvited this morning opens the door allowing him in. His normal calm, cool and collected vibe is off and he appears disheveled. He moves swiftly from the door to envelop me in a hug. I tense for a moment at the uncharacteristic contact before allowing myself to relax and wrap my own arms around him.

"I can't believe I'm going to be gone a whole month." He whispers to no one in particular. Lena seemingly understands the intimacy of the moment and the need for privacy. She makes herself scare and disappears into the kitchen.

I push against Cal's strong arms until he's at an arms length and I'm able to really look at him. "Don't be such a Debbie downer" I laugh lightly. "It's a world tour, it's supposed to be fun."

"Yeah, but I want to be here. You need me."

I smile up at him, again wondering how of all the people to get accidentally knocked up by, I was sent an angel.

"Your fans need you too, and your band. This was your dream long before me and our little one. We won't stop you from living it. We'll be waiting for you right here when you get back."

The words are out of my mouth before I realize how they sound. Like I'm insinuating that I somehow staked a claim on him when in fact we are merely strangers turned friends who are having a baby. Calum, for what it's worth, doesn't seem the least put off by my words.

"I'm going to miss things though"

"My never ending morning sickness and mood swings are not nearly as fun or important as your tour. People are counting on you Cal." I squeeze his hand lightly not remembering when we'd taken hands.

"But, you're counting on me too." He was almost pleading and I had to choke back my tears.

"We'll be fine Cal. It's just a few weeks. You have my number, we'll talk and Skype every day if you want, okay?" I quickly add "I'll tell you every stupid craving and weird thing that happens, I'll send daily bump update picture if you want. Just promise me you'll at least try to have fun."

I cup his face in my hand and force him to look me in the eyes. He shoots his gaze to the floor and mutters "okay."

He looks around my living room and shoves his hands in the front pockets of his trousers. "I uh- I better get going. Our flight leaves in two hours and traffic and security can be a real bitch."

I nod as he pulls me in for another hug. He then moves so that he's resting on just one knee so he's in front of my just barely visible bump. "I'll miss you" he whispers placing a soft kiss to my abdomen.

He stands again and takes my hands in his. He squeezes lightly before turning and heading out to his car. I watch him go and feel an ache I didn't expect in my heart. He looks at me from the driver's seat of his car as he backs it out the drive and offers one last wave as he pulls away.

I look down and pat my stomach "It's just you and me little one." I close the door and make my way to the kitchen to find Lena.

She must see the glassy look in my eyes because she crosses the floor in record time taking me in her arms as sobs rack my body. I hadn't realized how much Calum had come to mean to me so quickly. Over the past week he'd been a near constant in my house and now without him here it feels empty. I hated letting my emotions be tied to people, since in the past that had only led to heartache for me. Calum was different though. It felt like I could trust him, like I could believe him when he promised that I wouldn't be alone, that I could depend on him.

Just as I had gathered myself and Lena let me free from her embrace I felt my phone vibrate. I pulled it from my pocket and a soft smile etched its way onto my face.

Missing you two already x

I hastily type out my own reply.

We miss you more