46.

Calum

I don't know what to do. I don't know where they are. I scrunch my eyes closed and try to think. Where would they go?

I run back upstairs and grab my phone. With little hope or expectation I dial Jes' number. It rings and rings before her voicemail kicks in. I end the call without leaving a message knowing that she won't listen to it.

As the calling screen disappears I glance to my message app and notice the influx of texts, many from my band.

Shit.

Ashton: Seriously, Calum? As much as that girl loves you, you pull some shit like this?

Luke: what the fuck were you thinking?

Micheal: this is low dude, even for you

The texts from their girlfriends are way worse. What the fuck are they talking about? I close out my messages and open my social media, all of my problems seem to stem from there. One glance at Instagram and I'm starting to understand why I'm currently alone in my house.

I've been tagged in hundreds of posts. A separate version of the previous photo, but in this version I'm kissing Jessica's neck. There's also a video, where I'm not only way too close for comfort, but I lick her. What the actual fuck Calum?

I knew I'd been shitfaced but this is bad. I'd sworn to Jes it didn't get any worse than the first picture and clearly it had. No wonder she'd left me. Now my biggest concerns were where she'd gone and what I could do to fix this giant mess I'd made

"I'm not going to help you, Calum."

"How do you even know what I need, Lena?"

"I've already talked to her, I've seen all the posts, now you're calling my phone. I can make a connection."

"Okay, okay. Do you know where she is?"

"Yes."

I pause expecting her to continue and at least tell me where she's at but the silence remains unbroken.

"Well don't rush to tell me, not like this is important or anything." I huff, growing increasingly frustrated with every passing second.

"Don't snap at me, Hood. You did this. Not me, and certainly not Jes."

"I fucking know that Lena. Please help me...I have to fix this." My voice falters as I all but beg her for information.

She sighs and I can almost hear her roll her eyes. "She's at her house Calum. She's hurt and pissed and embarrassed. Maybe some space would be a good idea."

"Do you know what today is for her, Lena?"

"Yes. So again, maybe some space would be good."

I ignore her comment and end the call. I hastily shove my phone into my back pocket and race down the stairs. I slam the door shut behind me and climb into my car. The engine roars to life as the garage door slides open and I drive out into the LA heat.

I make the drive, trying to come up with words that can fix what I've broken. I wish I wasn't such a fuck up. I wish I was the man that before this, I know she believed me to be. I tried so hard to be that man for her, for both of them,  but old habits die hard I guess. There was no excuse for my behavior and my only option now was to cling to the fact that her heart is made of pure gold. I had to hope for a miracle and an incredible amount of undeserved grace.

I pull to a stop in the driveway. A small wave of relief  hits me when I see her car in the driveway. I lean back against the seat and rest my head against the steering wheel. I don't know what the fuck I'm going to say and I don't know what I'll do if she leaves me for good.