17.

23 weeks

Christmas passes in a blur. Calum and I spend the day lazy on my couch, watching Christmas movies and sipping hot chocolate. We  FaceTime his family and my Dad which leaves us both a little sad and missing our loved ones. We'd agreed on no presents as we didn't want to put too much pressure on ourselves after just beginning our relationship but Cal surprised me by revealing he'd bought the baby a present. He'd grinned like a madman as he handed me the neatly wrapped gift. I tore through the paper like a child and found a custom onesie "Daddy's biggest fan" with the 5sos logo on it. His sweet and thoughtful nature was insanely attractive and I was struck again by how lucky our baby would be to have him as a father.

We picked January second as the day for our gender reveal. We wanted to find out what we were having along with everyone else we loved. We had given our envelope with the note from the doctor to Lena who was handling everything so that all we had to was show up.

Ashton was the closest of the boys to Calum and had offered to help with the reveal. Lena had ordered special packets with the appropriate colored powder in them. When the time came, they'd be placed on Ashton's drum kit and while he played they'd shoot the powder up revealing the gender of the baby.

It was a little elaborate but it was incredibly sweet and it made me happy knowing the boys were behind us on this. I know the support of his friends was crucial to Calum so to see them jump on board so quickly was a relief.

Cal and I made our way to Ashton's house. Since his drums were already here he had offered to host the small get together.

"Are you nervous?" He asked, looking over to me from the driver's seat.

"Not really. I'll be happy either way."He absentmindedly tangles his finger with mine.

"Yeah, I'm the same. You know I want a girl but...as long as they're healthy, I don't particularly mind either way." I smile up at him as we pull into the driveway.

We step out of the car and move inside where our friends wait for us. We're both quickly enveloped in a hug from an unmistakable voice.

"Mali! You flew all the way out from London?" Cal's face is completely lit up, ecstatic to see his sister and best friend.

"Of course! I have some promo out here anyway and it's my first niece or nephew I had to come."

He brings her back in for another hug. "Thank you."

"Thanks for coming, Mali!" I whisper after Cal has broken from her and moved on to speak with the boys. "Are you feeling better about things now?"

"Aw, yeah, Jes. I'm sorry I was such an ass last time. I'm really happy for you and Cal."

"You were just worried, no need to apologize. It's all settled." She smiles and squeezes my hand before excusing herself to grab a drink.

No sooner has she vanished from sight, than Lena appears next to me. She throws her arm across my shoulder and pulls me in to her.

"I'm really glad this is all working out for you, Jes." She looks at me knowingly. "You've been through so much, you deserve someone like Calum."

"He's pretty great, isn't he?"

"What did he say when you told him about Mark?"

My body tenses and I get a chill as she mentions his name.

"It um...it hasn't come up."