14.

20 weeks

With Calum's family out of the way, our next priority for sharing our news was the boys. After Calum's very public admission of feelings onstage coupled with his disinterest in girls and partying on tour, he told me they'd been hounding him for more information. He'd managed to get them to lay off by promising to introduce them once they got back settled in LA. With his flight home, in the air, I knew that time would come faster than I wanted it to. While I'm nervous about how the boys will react both to myself and the baby, I had at least a day to prepare to deal with that. I had only hours to prepare to see Calum after over a month apart, and for the first time since I'd discovered I had real feelings for him.

The plan was for Cal to ride back with Luke and his new girlfriend Sierra to get his car that he'd left at their house. He was gonna tell them he was tired or something and couldn't stay and then he'd be headed my way.

I can't lie to myself, I'm bubbling with excitement. I can't even remember the last time I was this anxious about seeing someone. A smile falls onto my face as I think about being able to see and talk to him in person. My phone vibrates and I move swiftly to pick it up. I try to only be slightly disappointed when I see the message has Lena's name on it instead of Cal's.

Don't be nervous. He's literally head over heels and everyone can tell but you. Breathe. Smile. Tell him how you feel. Love you, be safe tonight and call me after the appointment tomorrow!

I type a quick reply letting her know I'm trying to hold it together and I'll call her tomorrow. No sooner have I sat my phone down than it again dings with a new message, this time it is Calum's name on my screen.

Just got to Luke's. I have to weasel my way out of hanging out then it's a 20 minute drive, be there in 30 minutes tops. I can't wait to see you xx

I shoot back a quick reply telling him I can't wait to see him either. I set the phone down and do a twirl unable to contain my joy. I head back into the living room plopping down on my couch and settling in to another episode of Grey's Anatomy. I lose track of time as Jackson and Maggie deal with their relationship issues and I'm swept away in the world of Grey-Sloan Memorial. The knock on the door startles me but my surprise is quickly replaced with sheer excitement. I race to the door and throw it open practically attacking Cal as he stands innocently in the doorway.

He looks like pure sex. His muscles are more prominent and toned than just a mere month ago. His dark hair is shorter now and his face is slightly less squishy making his jawline somehow even more pronounced. The time on the road has done him well. Between his looks and what the second trimester of this pregnancy has done to my hormones I could jump him right here, right now.

His arms tangle around my waist as he buries his face in my hair.

"I missed you" I whisper, no longer caring if I embarrass myself by being frank about how I feel.

"I missed you too" He says pulling away so that we're at an arms length. "Look at you! You look amazing but" a playful look crosses his face "you fucking lied! You said there wasn't a bump!"

"I wanted you to see for yourself. It's still small."

"I know but it's so cute" he bends down so his face is even with my stomach "Hi little one! Daddy missed you so so much."

"Oh my god, Cal!"

"What? What's wrong?" He asks concern clouding his face and voice. I don't reply simply moving his hand to touch my belly and holding my finger out telling him to wait.

"Say something." He furrows his eyebrows but does as I ask.

"Your mum is being awfully weir-" he stops as we both feel what I had moments ago. "What was that?" He his smile somehow grows wider and his eyes sparkle.