27.

31 weeks

"Jes?" Cal whispers.

"Our flight leaves in two hours darling. We have to go."

I groan and roll away from his voice placing a pillow over my head. The bed dips and I feel the heat from his body as he lays down beside me and runs his fingers through my hair.

"Do you not want to go anymore?" He asks quietly.

"I wanna go. Just tired and it's so early." I mumble before forcing myself into a sitting position. I let out a yawn and stretch before rubbing the crust from my eyes.

Cal peers down at me, rubbing my back softly, he knows it's been giving me hell lately. He helps me to my feet and I waddle into the closet to change into a pair of leggings and an oversized sweater. I slide my feet into a pair of Birkenstocks and make my way downstairs to meet Calum. He's already in the kitchen toasting a bagel for me, having brought our bags downstairs before waking me up.

He hands me the cream cheese and I spread some on the bread before putting it back in the refrigerator. As I munch on my breakfast, he loads the car so that by the time I'm finished all that's left to do is leave.

I squirm in the passenger seat trying to make myself comfortable. I find a position that's not entirely painful and settle in. The ride isn't a long one, but when we pull into a spot in the weekly lot, I'm glad to be out of the car. Cal grabs our bags and we head to the shuttle.

"If there are people here. Just hold my hand and stay close." He says quietly to me as the shuttle bus travels towards the terminal. "Sometimes airports can be a bit crazy, but I hope we've kept this under the radar enough that it will go smoothly."

I nod my head indicating I heard what he said. I hadn't really thought about crowds. It wasn't something I was used to having to think about. It still surprised me sometimes, the difference between Cal's home life and his work one. I understand my place though. This is a work trip and crowds are something that come with the territory.

I took a little comfort in the fact that the shuttle was cramped and yet Calum had retained his anonymity. He had dressed to move incognito, black sweatpants with a gray hoodie pulled over his head and slide on vans. His headphones were slung around his neck and his backpack thrown over his shoulder. He looked effortlessly cool, like always.

The bus finally pulls to a stop and allows us off in front of the Delta departures area.

"So far, so good." Cal says taking my hand and leading me to the check in counter. We check our bags and make it through security in less than thirty minutes leaving us with a little under an hour until our boarding time.

"Where's everyone else?" I ponder out loud.

"Micheal and Crystal are here somewhere Luke and Ash are on the way. We've got a bit of time. Do you want to stop in one of the little shops and get some pain medicine?"

"I don't think the ones I can take would do anything. I could go for a tea though." I sigh. "I can't wait until I can have coffee again."

"Not much longer love." He says placing a sweet kiss to my forehead before grabbing my hand and leading the way into one of the small duty free stores.

We each grab a drink from the refrigerator and Cal turns to me laughing lightly when he sees the mound of snacks in my hands. He takes them from me placing them on the counter and paying. Once everything is bagged up we make our way to the boarding gate.

"Hey," Cal offers as we join our friends waiting in the seats by the gate. Everyone else has arrived and we finish greeting each other just as the announcement for priority boarding to begin comes over the speakers.