44.

Jes

Today is the day. After seven weeks, in which I saw Calum for only two days, the band is finally giving me my boyfriend back. His flight is due to LAX at 8 PM, a mere eight hours from now. My whole body is alive with excitement. I can't wait to feel his touch and taste his kiss. Paisley had managed to preoccupy most of my time while he was away but nighttime had been the hardest. In the whole two months I'd never managed to force myself to sleep in our bed. Without Calum it didn't feel right, so I'd taken up residence in one of the guest rooms and our master sat in waiting for his return.

"I'm picking your outfit. You haven't seen him in two months you will look hot as fuck at the airport if it's the last thing I do."

"No protest here. Curl my hair and do my makeup too while you're at it?" She laughs but agrees.

I know she wants to do it anyway it's always been her way of showing she cares about me. I've always sucked at doing myself up anyways and it makes her happy, so I humor her. I don't have to get ready anytime soon though so we make ourselves comfy on the couch. I pop PK into her swing, her new favorite activity, and we scroll through Netflix selecting a rom-com. We get about halfway through the movie before Paisley whines and wants to be fed. She's literally a dream baby, almost sleeping through the night now and rarely fussy. She's completely chill, a trait she definitely got from Calum.

With the baby fed and napping and the movie ended, I decide to start preparing for Cal's arrival. I bring the baby monitor with me after putting PK in her crib and pulling the door shut. Duke follows me around the house like he can tell that since I'm cleaning, Daddy must be coming home. He does his little happy walk, his paws tapping against the hardwoods in our kitchen.

"I know buddy. I'm excited to see him too!"

I bend down to scratch behind his ears and he reaches up to lick my face. I giggle and stand back up grabbing his food and putting it in his bowl. With my dog baby settled as well I return to straightening up the house. Thankfully with the housekeeper Calum hired I've been able to stay pretty on top of the house work but I want everything spotless for Cal's return. The work is mindless and it keeps me busy until it's finally time for me to get ready.

"Lenny! You find me anything to wear yet?"

She doesn't respond so I wander upstairs and into the guest room she's been staying in. Lena is sitting on her bed staring down at her phone. When she hears me enter she looks up at me and her complexion is obviously paled.

"What? What is it?" I ask, my heart beating slightly faster.

"Jes, sit down."

"Lenny you're scaring me. What the fuck is it?"

She doesn't reply just handing me her phone.

•

Calum

I take in a deep breath as I step out of the airport and into the Los Angeles night. The warm summer air kills the chill from the plane. My eyes scan the area looking for Jes' car. I look back to my phone staring at the unread text message. Did she get her days mixed up? Did she get stuck in traffic? Has something happened? Just as I'm really starting to worry I hear Ashton call my name.