26.

30 weeks

"Babe!" I call out into the large house.

Calum's footsteps echo through the hallway until he's standing behind me. He slips his arms around my waist placing a kiss on my shoulder and his hands on my belly. "What is it love?"

"I need some help with the wallpaper for the accent wall." I gesture to the roll of floral printed paper lying on the floor. "Could you call the boys to help you put it up. I don't want to risk standing on a chair to reach the ceiling."

"Sure sweetheart, I'll text them and see who's not busy."

"Thanks. Maybe y'all could put the crib together too." I say, phrasing it more as a question than a statement. He nods against my shoulder and looks around the room we'd decided to use as the nursery. It was the closest to ours and would be the most convenient with a newborn. In the two days since I'd moved in we'd been hard at work getting things together for the babies nursery.

Our New York trip was scheduled for next week and the weeks after that were set to be slammed with birth classes, my baby shower, and maternity pictures. Since I found myself with less energy each day I wanted to make sure the nursery was perfected before I was unable to set it up myself.

Calum told me his pregnancy book said I was nesting. I wasn't aware I was a bird, but okay.

We'd had her room painted a soft off white to match the carpet and the wallpaper was full of flowers in pale pink's and grey's. Cal had actually picked it out, though I doubt he'd ever admit to it. He'd been less helpful with the furniture but I hoped the pieces I had picked would be pretty but functional, and things she could use as she grew older as well.

I tried not to dwell on those thoughts too much. It hurt to imagine her growing up. She wasn't even here yet and I already wished I could keep her my baby for ever.

"They're all coming over, should be just a few minutes." Cal tells me, his voice breaking me out of my drifting thoughts.

"Sounds good. I can take the pieces out of the box to help a little."

"No, just sit. You've been overdoing it and I don't want you to hurt yourself."

I nod sinking into the plush rocker Cal had bought for me. It was white and wooden with big arm rests and possibly the most comfortable seat known to man. As I sat in it, gently rocking back and forth I couldn't help but think of all the nights I'd be spending in this chair snuggling my sweet baby girl.

"You know, we really should give her a name soon. Have you thought of any?" I ask Calum.

"Nothing specific. I looked through some name books and had a few I liked."

"Oh yeah? Like what?"

"Um..." he furrows his eyebrows "Blakely, Teagan, McKenna, Cambry, Paisley, Seanna...those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head."

"I like all of those." I bite my bottom lip before asking "Would you be opposed to her middle name being something from your ancestry? Something Maori?"

"Are you serious?" He asks a small smile spreading across his face. I nod.

"Yeah, I really like the name Kora. In Maori it
means—"

"Companion."

He says looking at me and I offer a smile.

"Yes. Things that go together. Like you and me. Like us and her."

"I love that, Jes. My mum will flip when she hears it. She's always been so big on keeping our heritage alive but I hadn't even thought to suggest it."

"I can't wait for your parents to be here so I can finally meet them face to face." I say switching subjects. "When are they coming in again?"

"May 7th, a few days before your due date and they're staying as long as we want. If it's alright with you, I figured we'd just put them up at your place unless we need them here."

"It will be good to have them close, especially your mom. I feel so unprepared. I just don't want to be a shit mom." I share honestly.

"Jes, she'll love you and help as much as she can but don't doubt yourself. You're already an amazing mother."

He leans back against the rocker from his seated position on the floor where he'd moved to to sort crib pieces and takes my hand squeezing it slightly.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Jes."

The sweet moment is broken up by the sound of several rambunctious men letting themselves into our home.

"Where you at Hood?" Ash calls from the foyer. Calum replies telling them our location and they appear a moment later.

"Crib or paper first?" Luke asks and I motion for the wallpaper. They set to work playfully arguing and bossing each other around until an hour later they've finally managed to cover the wall.

"Damn, that looks good." Micheal comments.

"Keep it in mind for a few years time," I tease him lightly. He just shakes his head, his face and ears red from embarrassment.

"Let's knock this crib out, Sierra is at my place waiting for me." Luke comments.

"Aw Luke, don't keep her waiting. We can do it ourselves. Or at least invite the girl over."

"If it starts looking like it won't be quick I will but I mean there's four of us we should be able to figure it out."

It didn't go smoothly but after ditching the directions, having to start over after assembling the rails backwards, completing the assembly to find a piece had been left off and then finally using the directions, the crib was together.

"I feel like that shouldn't have been so hard. Why the fuck are we like this?" Luke laughs and we join him.

"Whatever. It's done now and that's a huge task off my to do list. Thank you." I say standing offering all the boys hugs as they head downstairs to leave.

"Any time, Jes. You're Cal's girl we're like his brothers, we'll always be here if you need us." Ash says with a smile.

I watch them go before returning my attention to Calum who's standing in the middle of the nursery admiring the progress.

"I love it." I say snaking my arm around his waist and leaning my head into the crook of his neck.

"Me too."

calumhood

Liked by ashtonirwin, lukehemmings, jgood and 315,789 others calumhood a room fit for a princess 👸🏻

calumhood a room fit for a princess 👸🏻

AN: I'm in love with their nursery 😍

What do y'all think about the name suggestions? Any you really like? (Or hate?)

-Sav🖤