35.

40 weeks

"Cal come onnnnn." I whine. "I'm three days overdue, I'm miserable. Please? We've tried everything else."

"Jes, let's try the tea again. Or we can order Indian food?"

"Calum you've literally never turned down sex. Are you not attracted to me now?"

"You know that's not it." He says with a sigh. "I just don't want to hurt you."

"Well you're hurting me now." I say with my best pouty face. "Please? Just kiss me." I say moving closer to him and throwing my arms around his shoulders. Instinctively, his arms slip to my waist and his lips meet mine. He sighs into the kiss giving in to me. He pulls me close and walks us backwards until he places me softly on our bed.

"You sure about this?" He asks me gently, hovering over me his eyes searching mine.

"Very. We haven't had sex in over a month, I miss you and I want to not be pregnant anymore. If we can kill two birds with one stone, I'm down."

He laughs. "Okay baby."

He reattaches our lips and presses against me. His tongue moves with mine in a hungry dance as his hands roam northward removing my top. His fingers free the clasp of my bra and it's flung to a corner of the room. He sits up slightly, biting his lip as he looks down at me and my body tingles in the light of his gaze. He leans down cupping my cheek with his hand as he presses his soft pink lips to mine.

He takes things slow. Trailing his hand from my face down. He stops when he reaches my breast, kneading the soft tissue before rolling the nipple between his thumb and forefinger. The stimulation sends shockwaves through my body and leaves me gasping. I moan his name as he repositions himself so that he's supported on one arm as he takes my nipple into his mouth. He swirls his tongue against the sensitive flesh and tension begins to build at the base of my stomach.

He's so gentle with me, sensing what is and isn't working in my body's current form. He takes his time exploring my body and by the time we collide I'm already shaking from the pleasure.

We last only minutes before falling over the edge together. Cal holds me for a while before finally rolling off and wrapping his arm around me to press me against his side.

"I love you, Jes." He says turning his head to look at me. "There's no one else I'd rather become a parent with."

I'm in the kitchen making breakfast when Calum bounds down the stairs the next morning.

"Hi, love." He says coming from behind to wrap his arms around my waist and kiss my cheek. He lingers there, his head tucked in the nook of my neck, his chin resting on my shoulder.

"Hi" I sigh leaning my head against his.

"I'm sorry it didn't work." He whispers.

I flip the bacon I'm frying over in the pan.

"It did."

"Wh-what?" He asks, disbelief clear in his voice.

"It did. I've been having contractions since three this morning."

"Jes, what the fuck! That's five hours ago! Why didn't you wake me? We need to go to the hospital!"

"No, babe. They're still far apart and you're gonna need your rest. It's probably going to be a long day."

"I still wish you would have told me. I wanted to be there for you the whole time."

I set down my spatula and turn around taking his face in my hands pressing my lips to his. "I'm fine sweetheart. It's a long process, I wanted you to sleep as long as you could."