28.

31 weeks

"Cal, what the fuck just happened?"

He just shakes his head and stares out the window.

"Cal, what the fuck man?" Ashton asks, his voice angry as he piles in the van.

"Do you know what happened? He won't tell me. I just saw him get angry and storm off." I ask.

"He told a group of fans to 'fuck right off'"

"Calum!" I exclaim. I raise my eyebrows as I lock eyes with him.

"Just drop it, Jes." He says turning to stare out the window and avoiding the other boys questions. An awkward silence takes over the van and I'm left feeling more confused than ever.

We arrive to the hotel and I hop out before going to grab my luggage but I'm stopped by Calum, who grips the handle and pulls it behind him with his own bag slung over his shoulder. Check in is quick and within minutes I find myself flopped onto a hotel mattress.

"Holy shit this bed is comfy. I might actually be able to get a good night's sleep for the first time in forever." I state.

Cal stays quiet still lost in his thoughts. His phone dings and he reads the message before groaning.

"Someone filmed me yelling at those girls. It's on the internet." He rubs at his eyes and falls back onto the bed to rest beside me. I flip onto my side throwing an arm around him and pulling him close to me.

"Cal...what happened? It had to have been bad for you to act like that."

He springs back up from the mattress and moves to gaze out the window. Looking down on the hustle and bustle of the busy city below.

He's quiet for a long time, so I force myself up and over to where he stands. As I nuzzle into his side I realize he's crying. We lock eyes as I use my thumbs to wipe away his tears.

"Cal. You have to talk to me. This isn't like you."

"They...they called her....a mistake."

I gasp at his words. I'd expected for there to have been something directed at me, not at our baby. My arms move to grip my protruded belly, protectively.

"What?"

"I was talking to the group beside them. I guess they saw you and they said 'Honestly I can't believe he let her keep it. It'll be the biggest mistake of his life.' I'm sorry Jes I just lost it. How dare they talk about our daughter like that? How fucking dare they? I literally saw red I wanted to say so much more than I did. Honestly, I wanted to slap the shit out of them but I'd never hurt a girl."

Honestly, right now I wish I could go hunt them down and slap the shit out of them.

"Jes, we've never pretended like we planned her but that doesn't mean I think of her, or our first night together, as a mistake. You two are the best things to ever happen to me and it pisses me off so fucking much that someone who's supposedly a fan thinks they can talk about the two people I love the most like that....it makes me fucking sick."

I'm choked up at his words, I'm pissed the fuck off at the situation, and I'm incredibly turned on by how Calum stood up for both myself and our daughter.

"I love you." I breathe.

He dips his head pressing his lips to mine gently before resting his forehead against mine. He locks his eyes on mine. "I love you Jes, so damn much."

"What are we gonna do about the video?"

"I told the boys I'd own up to it and explain what happened. I overreacted, but at the same time I was defending our family."