42.

AN: I'm baaacccckkkk! Sorry for the delay in updates while I was at Disney world for my besties Bachelorette I'm back on my normal schedule now 😌

Jes

Calum and I get very little sleep. Too content to kiss and laugh and enjoy having the other near to waste the little time we have asleep. Paisley sleeps better than she has her entire life, like she knows her parents have missed each other and need some time to themselves. She sleeps for four solid hours before waking up hungry. Calum slides from his place beside me in bed and scoops her up, bringing her to me to let me feed her.

He scoots next to me and wraps his arm around my shoulders. He slips two fingers to the side of my neck and gently turns my head so our faces are mere centimeters away from each other. He tilts his head and dips slightly, closing his eyes and pressing his soft pink lips against mine. "I love you" he whispers into the morning light. I love this side of him. He's such a sweet soul, but he saves his most tender moments for times like these, for only those who know him best.

I lean my head against his shoulder and enjoy our quiet moment. Once Paisley is full I readjust my shirt and hand her over to Cal, knowing he wants as much time with her as he can squeeze into the 36 hours we have left before he has to leave again.

"I can't believe she's a month old already."

"I know. I feel like just yesterday I was finding out I was pregnant."

"Sometimes it feels like our relationship and subsequently your pregnancy, have flown by and other times it's like I've known you forever. You make me feel things...I don't know." He says stopping himself before he gets too mushy.

"That make you believe in love, and soulmates, and all the soft shit." I say making air quotes as I mock him and let free a giggle.

"So you heard that interview?" He says with a playful smirk.

"Yeah babe. You know you said my name? That's the first time you have."

"Wait, really?" He asks his eyebrows raising.

"Yeah. My socials blew up. I guess everyone went through the people you follow and found me."

"Shit, babe. I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking."

"I'm not."

"What?" He seems surprised by my answer which is understandable. When we'd first discussed our relationships privacy I hadn't known what I'd want or what Calum would either. Until this point my face was known but not my name.

"It comes with the territory."

"I mean yeah, I know that. But I worked so hard to protect you and Pais from it, I want you guys to keep your normalcy." He closes his eyes and sighs and I can tell he's stressed.

"There's more isn't there?" I question.

"I'm glad that people know and I can acknowledge it, but at the same time, I don't want you affected by the other side of it. People can be fucking awful and I-I don't want you to leave me. I don't think I could stand it." Is he serious?

"Is that what you think of me? That'd I'd throw out everything we've built, the best relationship I've ever had, in particular one with the father of my child, because of irrelevant internet opinions?"

"I don't think you know how crazy it can get Jes. What if you decide I'm not worth it?"

"Calum..." I say placing my hands on either side of his face. I shake my head not entirely sure how to even comprehend the insanity that just came out of his mouth. "I love you. I'd do anything for you. You will always be worth it."

Calum

I don't think she knows how much her words mean to me. I also don't think she knows how much I truly need her. It's hard to explain what it feels like to always feel insufficient, like you're not enough. Before her that's how I felt. Always the second choice, always less than, never enough. With my life it always seemed too preposterous of a thought to ever speak out loud, but it was a feeling I struggled with constantly.

Jes always seems to know exactly what I need to hear. She makes me feel needed, important, and enough. I've never had anyone so concerned about my feelings, well-being, and happiness and she is a major contributing factor to all three. I talk to the boys about it all the time, she makes me believe that before her I had a missing piece, but now that I found her, I am whole.

My two days of bliss with Jes and PK end far too soon. I try to fit in as much quality time as I can with them while also visiting my parents and taking care of everything with the break in. The police said the camera footage was enough to get Mark on a breaking and entering charge and they arrested him this morning. Even if he was able to bail out, we had filed an order of protection against him so he wasn't allowed within 500 feet of both Paisley and Jessie. I replaced all the locks and moved my parents to the guest room of our house. I hope all of my efforts will be enough to make my girls feel safe and to thwart any other attacks on their safety.

I hate leaving them but it's made a little easier knowing I only have two weeks to be apart from them instead of a whole month.

"Come here sweet girl." I say making grabby hands towards my daughter. Jes passes her to me and I hold her close as she clutches on to my shirt. I sway back and forth and sing her lullaby to her while she smiles up at me. She's the most incredible thing and I hate that I have to part from her.

"Dada loves you Paisley. I'm sorry I have to go away again but I'll be back in two weeks. Can you be good for your mum until I get back? Huh, can you do that for dada?" She looks into my eyes and gurgles in her baby way that melts my heart.

"Alright P, time to let momma get some love. Come here baby." Jes says reaching for Paisley as I place one final kiss on the top of her head. P let's out a cry as she's taken from my arms and Jessie rolls her eyes playfully. "I know, I know, but dada is mommy's favorite too." I grin down at my girls.

"You gonna hold down the fort while I'm gone?" I ask Jes.

"I'm gonna do my best."

"He's not allowed anywhere near here and you've got my parents down the hall at night now. You guys will be safe." I try to sound confident but I don't know if my words are for my benefits or hers.

"We're gonna be okay baby. Go do your thing, we'll be waiting for you when you get home." She says turning Paisley around in her arms so I can kiss her and then Jes.

"I love you babe, I'll be home soon. Be good for mummy Paisley-Kora, daddy loves you."

I grab my stuff and move towards the door. I give one last wave and head to my waiting car. The déjàvu is obvious but I'm able to stifle all of my emotions for the time being. It's not any easier than last time but I've managed it once I can do it again.

An: I know it's a filler chapter but stick with me. I promise there are big plans for this!

Question that I need answers to: Should I give this book a part 1 and part 2 or end this book and make a sequel? We're getting to the big happening of this book and then there needs to be a time gap. I haven't decided how I want to go about that. What are your thoughts?

Love you!
Sav 🖤