12.

16 weeks

"How was the appointment?"

"It went well. Dr. Mays says everything looks good so far and the baby was being uncooperative so we couldn't have found out the gender today even if we wanted to." I smile as I stare at Calum through the iPad screen.

"That's good, and now I feel a little less guilty for asking you not to find out the gender just yet."

I shrug my shoulders, "It's no big deal, it's just a few weeks, besides I don't really have a preference. Do you?"

He smiles sheepishly up at me. "Yeah, I do. I'll love it either way but I have a gut feeling and I want it to be right."

"You gonna clue me in?"

"Nope" He says mischievously with a light laugh. I roll my eyes and shake my head slightly.

"How's tour going?" I ask, changing the subject.

"It's good" he sighs "I just feel torn. Like, I'm having a great time and doing what I love but, I don't feel like this is where I'm supposed to be."

"Hey now, none of that. It's your job. That you love. I'm not having morning sickness anymore, the bump is still basically non-existent, you're not missing anything, Cal."

"I know that's what you say, but I still feel like I should be there."

"If you're gonna do this every time we talk I'm gonna have to stop calling you. You can't just be moping the whole tour. Surely the boys are wondering what's up by now."

"Yeah" he offers. My face scrunches and I want him to elaborate but he doesn't say anything else. I don't want to cause problems, so I drop it.

"What time do you play tonight?"

"We actually don't have a show tonight. We left Amsterdam this morning and got to Germany like three hours ago. We're doing some interviews and then have tonight off."

"I'm sure you all could do with a night off."

"Yeah, they all want to go out. I might just stay in and catch up on some sleep."

"No, you should go with them. You've been working nonstop for weeks, you need a night out."

"They'll be trying to set me up all night" he groans coving his face and rubbing his eyes with his large hands.

"And? You're 22, you're on tour, you're single..."

"Damn, Jes" He says, his voice sounding off for some reason.

"What?"

"Nothing, don't worry about it. I better go, just call me tomorrow. Tell my baby, daddy loves her." He rushes out before stopping and looking away from the screen.

"Her?" I ask with a smile.

"Fuck. Forget I said that."

"Bye, Cal" I whisper as he gives a wave and ends the call.

"You're a fucking idiot" Lena informs me after I rehash my FaceTime with Calum from earlier.

"What do you mean?"

"He's literally been the textbook definition of perfect in this situation. He's proven he wants to be here for the baby and for you. He clearly cares about you and you basically told him to fuck off and go get laid."

"You're delusional. He cares about the baby Lenny, I'm just some girl he got pregnant."

"You're more of an idiot than I thought, Jes. It's so clear how much that boy cares about you, at least to everyone but you. If you don't believe me look up the video from last night on Youtube." I narrow my eyes and open up the app on my iPad. I type in '5sos Amsterdam 2018' and click on the video I find of Calum talking.