32.

33 weeks

"I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." Lenny whines.

"I know! I'm so sorry! Between Cal's schedule and trying to get everything ready for the baby, I feel like I haven't had a moment to myself lately." I say as I pull on the door of the nail salon.

Lena and I enter and begin searching the wall for the color we want. I look at several before finally going with a light pink shade. Lenny selects a mint green and we take our places in the chairs.

"How has everything been?"

"Well, you know we went to New York last week."

"Yeah, and I saw the video."

"That was a complete shit show. Then, the next night I woke up with pain and discomfort and we freaked out, but it was just Braxton-Hicks."

"Y'all really can't just have a boring week, can you?"

"Apparently not." I say with a laugh.

"Is Cal looking forward to the shower?"

"I think so. I think he's happy we're doing a cook out instead of a traditional shower. He doesn't feel as weird about being there."

"Have you got your outfits for your maternity pictures?"

"Yes! Cal's just wearing a white shirt and trousers but I got two maxi dresses they're both pale grey ones off the shoulder and ones a v-neck they are both really pretty and I hope the pictures will come out good."

"Aw. That will be cute! Who's taking them?"

"Some friend of Calum's who has done their tour pictures before."

"That should be good. Is he starting to get nervous? You're almost to the end."

"I think he's apprehensive about the delivery. You should've seen him during the birth class, we had to watch a video and I thought he was going to pass out just watching that." I laugh.

"Oh God, I can only imagine. He doesn't seem like the squeamish type though."

"I thought it was hilarious during the class. I don't know how I'll feel if he's like that while I'm in labor. I'm hoping for the best but he's worried since I told him I want to go natural."

"Are you insane?" Lena scoffs her eyebrows raised.

"Just what I want to try." I say shrugging my shoulders.

She drops the topic but shakes her head at me. "You are far braver than I."

I let out a small laugh as the nail tech finishes up my nails. I grab my purse, Lena doing the same as hers are finished as well, and we head to the counter to pay.

"Do you need me to come do your makeup for the pictures?"

"Can you do it? I didn't want to put you out but you know I'm sucky at doing my face myself."

"Yeah, yeah."

We exit the salon and part ways.

"I'll see you Saturday for the shower and Sunday for your makeup! I love you!" She calls out behind herself as she walks to her car.