10

Grayson's question is swirling through my mind. He can't actually believe that Brian and I have something going on. At least, I hope he doesn't. There is absolutely nothing going on between us. When I check the time, it's nearly 2PM. I've already missed the regular time that I would go to lunch, but my entire schedule has already been pretty messed up today. As I leave my office and walk towards the elevator, Shane sees me and waves me down.

"Hey, Natalia." He says, jogging up to me. "Going down?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'm just going to get some lunch." I say, holding the elevator door open for him.

"Oh?" He questions with a slightly amused yet confused look on his face.

"Yeah. My entire day is running pretty late today." I tell him."I just thought you had already gone to lunch. Grayson said he was going to see if you wanted to go and get something with him." He says with a shrug.

"Wait, what?" I ask, turning to him."I asked him if he wanted to get lunch with me earlier and he told me that he was going to see if you wanted to go with him to get something. He probably just got busy." He says, only halfway paying attention to our conversation.

I watch as he becomes completely engrossed by whatever is on his phone when the elevator doors open. He looks up and gestures for me to exit first."Ladies first." He says with a polite smile.

"Actually, I think I left my wallet upstairs in my office. I'm going to run back up and grab it." I say, quickly pushing our floor's number. He shrugs and waves a small goodbye as I watch him walk away before the elevator door closes once more.I'm probably losing my mind, but I'm definitely not going to let this opportunity pass.

I wait patiently for the elevator to climb back up to our floor and exit quickly. As I approach Grayson's office, I feel myself grow more and more nervous. What if he rejects me? Given, it's not like I'm asking him out on a date or anything. No way would I do that. But, the thought of me asking him if he wants to go with me is intimidating. He could think that I'm weird or obsessed with him. Or, he could think that I'm trying to hit on him and think he's way out of my league. Although he technically is out of my league, I can't help but wonder if he thinks of me the same way I'm beginning to think of him.

I knock on his door lightly before entering. He doesn't so much as glance up from his cellphone.

"Grayson?" I ask lightly from the doorway. His eyes quickly dart up to meet mine as he sits up in his chair.

"Natalia." He says, gesturing for me to come in.

"What are you doing?" I ask casually as I approach his desk.

"Uhm, nothing." He says, looking up at me with unsure eyes. "Can I help you with anything?" He asks, clearing his throat lightly.

"I was just wanting to see if maybe you were hungry?" I ask gently. He stares at me with an almost confused face. "I was about to go and get some lunch." I clarify. "And maybe wanted to see if you wanted to go with me?" I ask nervously.

"Oh." He says quickly.

"I mean, you don't have to! I just thought I would offer." I spit out in return, completely embarrassed by the rejection I'm about to receive.

"I actually haven't eaten today." He tells me. "I would love to go." He says with a quick nod.

"Okay, yeah. Great." I say with a smile.

"Where did you want to go?" He asks.

"We can go wherever you want. I'm not picky." I lie. Really, I'm the most picky eater in the world. He doesn't have to know this, though.