72

Grayson's POV

"I would need you from 7 in the morning to around...3 in the afternoon. Give or take." I reply, tapping my pen against my desk. 

"That sounds great. Yeah, I'd really like that." The man in front of me replies. Calvin, his name was.

"Perfect. Well...I'll shoot you an email concerning next steps. I look forward to working with you." I reply, standing up from my chair and going over to shake his hand.

"Awesome. I look forward to hearing from you." He says with excitement. I smile at his joy and walk him to the exit. 

"See you soon." I reply as he leaves. 

As soon as Calvin leaves, Shane enters my office with a cocked brow.

"New intern?" He asks.

"Always." I reply. "It's a pain, but hey...could be worse." I shrug.

"I'm proud of you, man. I'm glad you're doing all of your own interviews now. Makes it easier to find someone that you like. We clearly have very different taste in the ideal intern for you." He laughs. After three interns, I decided that I should probably take things into my own hands.

My therapist told me that I needed to put myself out there. I fear the worst possible outcome that is usually very far from coming true. After switching therapists, I have learned so much more about myself and how to live with my Aspergers. After years of the same therapist, it was time for a change. The change that has been made has been positive, nonetheless. 

"I think Calvin might be the one that sticks." I reply. 

"God, we can only hope. Do you know how much paperwork is required every time you hire on a new intern?" He laughs.

"I know. Thanks." I say with appreciation. 

"Anyways, do you want to go to lunch with us?" He asks.

"Us?" I ask.

"Sofia." He says, as though it should have been obvious. "Or do you have a big lunch date planned with Karina?" He adds, wagging his brows suggestively. 

I laugh at his amusement and shake my head.

"What?" He asks with a laugh.

"I think that's a dead end." I reply honestly.

"What? Seriously? Nooo, she's so cool." He groans.

"She is." I agree.

"So what's the problem?" He asks.

"I'm not really...romantically connected with her." I say honestly. 

"You've been dating her for like a month." He points out.

"Exactly. She's cool and all...I don't know. I think I just like her better as a friend." I shrug.

"Does she know this?" He asks.

"Yes." I reply.

I felt bad when she came over and I broke things off with her. I would be lying if I said it didn't really affect me. I didn't want to hurt her feelings. I just wanted to be honest with her. She said we could still be friends, but I haven't heard from her since then. 

"Did she take it well?" He asks.

"She cried." I admit. "I felt like an asshole. I didn't mean to make her cry." I tell him.

"Yeah, well...sometimes things just come out the wrong way. We never want to make girls cry." He replies. "Trust me. I've made a few cry accidentally. You just have to take the L and move on." He says.