47

Natalia's POV

Instead of going to Grayson's as I would normally do after work, I figured it would be good to go and visit my parents. I spend so little time with them the older that I get. Sometimes it's nice just to get to go out and see them.

"Mami, Papi." I say, running towards them and engulfing them both into a hug.

"Hola, Mi Amor." My mother says, kissing my head and rubbing my shoulder in the most comforting way. "What's wrong? You're upset." She says with concern.

I can always depend on my mother to notice when something is wrong. Even if it's only the slightest bit of a mood change. She always takes notice.

"Why am I such a fuck up?" I cry, burying my her in her shoulder.

"Natalia Alejandra Zamora." She hisses in reply.

"It's true. I can't do anything right and i'm making everyone's life difficult because of my own insecurities." I sob.

"What is this about, Mija?" My father says, brushing the hair out of my face.

"Ryan started texting me again. And calling. And threatening me." I sniffle, wiping my nose with my sleeve.

"Dios mio." My mother groans. "We're calling the police." She says in a threatening tone.

"No!" I say immediately.

"Si! Listen to your mother, Natalia." My father replies.

"Papi, no!" I say.

"Why are you defending him? He's nothing but a problem!" He replies.

"Because doing that will make it worse!" I cry.

"Doing that will make it stop!" He replies, raising his tone.

"Stop yelling at me. Can't you see this is hard enough?" I cry.

He lets out a sigh and pulls me in for another hug.

"Maybe you should go and stay with Nathanial?" He offers once again. He offers this every time Ryan is in the picture.

"No! I don't want that either."

"We have to do something." My mother adds.

"I just need to talk, okay? I have it under control. I can't just leave LA. I have a career and a relationship here. My life is here. You guys are here!" I say.

"Does Grayson know about this?"

"No. Well, kind of. Some of it." I sigh. "He knows enough."

"Why haven't you told him all of it?" My mother asks, looking concerned.

"Because this isn't his battle to fight. This is my own issue that I have to deal with on my own." I reply.

"But it isn't! He can help you. Let him try." She says with hope.

"No, Mami. He can't. He'll only get stressed out by it all and see that i'm nothing more than the insecure girl that Ryan always said that I was. I just can't tell him. Not yet, at least. It's too early." I say.

"Does he still know where you live?" She asks with concern laced in her voice once more.

"Ryan? Yes." I sigh.

"You need to tell someone, mi amor. You're going to get hurt. Mal."

"No, I'll be fine. I just need to get over the emotional trauma he caused. It's effecting our relationship and it shouldn't be."