18

"Okay, so why don't they just hide?" Grayson asks quietly as our movie plays in the background.

"If they just go and hide, then there wouldn't be anyone there to help the hostages." I say.

"But that guy just killed a guy?" He adds.

"I know. That's why the three of them have to save everyone else."

He nods and turns to face the television. I look over and notice his face set in concentration. His attention to the screen looks forced, in a way.

"I'm going to run to the bathroom real quick." I say, standing up from my seat.

"Yeah, of course. You remember where it is?" He asks, turning his attention towards me.

"Yeah. Be right back." I say as he gives me a quick nod and focuses back towards the movie.

As I enter the bathroom, I notice the organization instantly. Different products are lined up on his countertop. Some things are so clean that they look unused.

The complete contrast to my own apartment is insane. The clutter throughout my entire home would probably give him anxiety. I can tell he's an organized person, which I can't relate to whatsoever. I look in the mirror and fix my hair quickly, noticing the mess it's become just from leaning back against his couch. Thankfully, the minimal makeup that I decided to wear hasn't worn off yet.

I can hear the movie still playing from the bathroom, and i've seen it enough to know that it's nearly over.

When I leave the bathroom, I see Grayson watching the credits roll over.

"You missed it." He says, motioning towards the screen. "The good guys won."

"I've seen it before. It was pretty good, yeah?" I ask.

"Yeah, it was." He says, giving me a small smile. I feel the silence cover us like a blanket. I'm not even sure if I should offer to go home yet or not. Right as I think of this, he speaks up.

"Wine?" He offers.

I smile widely at him and nod, earning a smile of his own.

He pours me a glass of the wine that i've been drinking all night, and then pours one for himself before coming back to the couch.

"For you." He says, handing me the glass. I take it carefully, not wanting to spin any on his couch. When I look back at the television, it's on the main Netflix screen. There's only silence in the room now, but it's not uncomfortable. I feel as though our silence is never uncomfortable.

"I thought you didn't drink." I point out, taking a sip from my glass.

"I usually don't. Every now and then i'll have a glass of wine. Everything else gives me a headache." He says, taking a drink of his own.

"So i'm sure you can make a bottle last you awhile." I say.

"Not really. Once it's opened, it needs to be finished fairly quickly. Otherwise, it doesn't taste the same." He shrugs.

"So you just chug the entire bottle?" I tease.

"Shane does it for me." He says, earning a laugh from me.

"Somehow, it's not too hard to imagine Shane finishing your wine bottles for you." I laugh.

"One of the perks of him living so close to me." He adds.

"So, I feel like I need to know more about you." I say, turning my body to face him.

"What would you like to know?" He asks.