27

"I think we fucked up." Sofia hiccups with a small giggle. I laugh in reply, taking a sip of the water in front of us.

"I think so too." I reply.

"But who cares?! We're independent women! We can day drink all day if we wanted to." She says, taking another gulp from her Italian margarita. I have no idea what makes the margarita 'Italian', but she can't seem to get enough of it.

"You're so right!" I exclaim in agreement, raising my own glass for a toast. "To being independent women!"

"Hell yeah!" She says, clinking her glass to mine. "Here, let's take a picture. We'll send it to the guys and show them what they're missing." She says with that same mischievous look on her face as before.

She pulls out her phone and immediately goes to Snapchat, taking our picture before we can regret anything. 

"You know, the guys are so lame. They really wanted me to go to your office today and try and convince you into going to lunch with them today. Like, all of us going together. But after hearing that Shane actually made you cry, I was like...no way!" She exclaims, sending him our picture and closing her phone.

"Wait, seriously?" I ask with a laugh. It's actually kind of cute that Grayson still wanted me to go to lunch with the two of them. 

"Yeah, but it'll be good to keep them waiting. I like hanging out with you, anyways. It gets old just seeing those two all of the time." She groans. Her phone begins ringing and she rolls her eyes. "Speak of the Devil." 

She turns the screen and a picture of her and Shane pops up on the screen. Shane is FaceTime calling her, and she answers after a second.

"Hi, baby." She says with mock innocence.

"Where are you?" He asks, seemingly unimpressed.

"Uh, day drinking? I thought you already knew this." She replies.

"Oh god, you're smashed." He groans, causing both Sofia and I to burst into a fit of giggles.

"Yeah, and?" She asks with a laugh.

"Send me your location. I'm coming to pick you two up." He says.

"Oh no, we're going through a tunnel! I-...You..." She says, pretending to lose signal before hanging up the phone.

"Oh my God." I say, throwing my head back in laughter. Almost instantly, our laughter is cut off by my own phone ringing.

"Ignore it!" Sofia says, quickly ending the call on my phone.

"He's going to be so mad!" I exclaim. "I can't just ignore his call. That's my boss!" I say, but still laughing.

"He'll survive." She laughs.

My phone starts ringing once more, but it isn't Shane this time.

It's Grayson.

"Shit. It's Grayson." I say, pulling my phone screen away from her reach.

"Ignore it!" She says in a whisper, but is cut off once I answer his call.

"Hello?" I ask, trying my hardest to sound sober.

"Uh, Nat?" He speaks into the receiver. 

"Ohhh, hey." I say, more than likely sounding anything but casual. 

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'm great! Why do you ask?" 

"Shane just wanted for me to call you and check in. He said you ignored his call." He answers.