45

Natalia's POV

I feel my anxiety grow with each step I take towards Shane's office. Instead of waiting for him to come and get me, I know it will be best if I just go to him.

I knock on the door before entering to see a very aggravated Shane looking up at me. He uses his hand to gesture towards the seat in front of his desk. I take a seat without hesitation.

"Natalia." Shane sighs.

"I already know." I mutter in reply.

"What in the hell were you thinking? Do you have any idea the kind of issues this can cause?" He asks.

"I don't know, Shane. I was just mad."

"Okay, well just because you're mad it doesn't give you the right to treat someone like that. Let alone threaten them." He replies.

"I already know. Grayson already got onto me about all of this." I reply with annoyance.

"And what exactly did he say?" He asks.

"He said that you were going to write me up and that he agreed with you."

"He said that he agrees?" He asked, completely unconvinced.

"Yes. So can we just get me written up and move on? I've already gotten the lecture from Grayson."

"Fine. I'll have you sign this." He says, sliding the paperwork towards me. "This just says that we have spoken on the issue, you understand the problems it has caused, and that you aware of this write up. It will only be on your record for 6 months. After that, it falls off and starts over again." He explains.

I quickly sign my name and stand up from my seat.  "There. Can I go now?" I ask in annoyance.

"You need to drop the attitude." He replies in warning.

"I don't have an attitude." I reply with crossed arms.

"Listen." He sighs, filing my write up away. "This might fly with Grayson, but you don't work for Grayson anymore. You work for me. So this attitude that you most definitely have right now needs to go elsewhere. I'm not going to deal with it. Don't make me write you up for this, too." He says in a calm tone.

"Well maybe I wouldn't have an attitude if you guys stopped treating me like a child." I snap in reply.

"Well maybe we wouldn't have to treat you like a child if you just acted like an adult. I'm done with this conversation. I have work to get back to and so do you. So go do that. Now." He says in his authoritative tone.

I roll my eyes and leave the office before he can say anything else. I know he's right, but this is most definitely not what I want to hear right now.

I message Sofia, knowing that no matter what, she'll take my side. Hell, she probably agrees with me on all of this.

"Are you busy right now?"  I send.

"Nope. What's up?" She replies.

"Come to the office. I have to vent." 

She sends her reply telling me that she would head my way right now. This is one of the many reasons that I love Sofia. She always makes herself available. 

-

Sofia must have rushed here, because in less than ten minutes she was walking into my office.

"Okay, I brought you Starbucks. Don't get me wrong, the drinks at the coffee bar here are good, but the cups are hideous. We need something cuter." She says with a smile as she hands me my drink.