41

Natalia's POV

"God, we're never going to finish this in time." Brian groans, running a hand over his face. "No offense, but I really don't want to ask Grayson for help. I don't want him thinking that we can't handle this on our own." 

"I feel the same way." I mutter in response, squinting at the screen in front of us. "Maybe it's something on the contact page?" I offer.

"No, we already checked that. It must be something in the notes page." He replies. "It's almost time for lunch. Go and take a break and we'll just figure it out when you get back." 

"No way. We're going to figure this out together. Plus, I know that you'll definitely not be taking a lunch if I go. We can order in." I say.

"Knock, Knock!" I hear from the door. I look up and see Genevieve standing with a bright smile.

God, this girl gets on my nerves.

"What's up?" Brian asks, attention back to the screen.

"I just wanted to invite you guys to lunch. Grayson and Shane have a meeting or something, so they won't be there." She replies with a shrug. Grayson usually isn't one to have a meeting during his lunch break, but I guess it's not completely impossible. It's probably Shane's idea.

"Oh, thank you. We're pretty busy though." I reply with a tight smile. 

"Yeah. Maybe tomorrow?" Brian offers.

"That's okay! Just thought I would offer." She smiles before skipping away.

"She is way too happy all of the time." I mutter once she's out of sight.

"Is someone jealous?" Brian laughs.

"Absolutely not." I laugh in response. "I just think she needs to back off of my boyfriend." 

"Oh, so not jealous. Just territorial."He replies.

"Very." I agree.

"Don't even worry about her." 

"She literally told me that she thought Grayson was hot and didn't care if he had a girlfriend." I huff.

"And does she know that the girlfriend in question just so happens to be you?" He asks.

"Absolutely not." I laugh. "Keeping it on the low, remember? However, she's making it very tempting to go ahead and remind her about what is mine." I mutter.

"Grayson has you. He doesn't want anyone else. I haven't seen him making excuses to go and see her, now have I?" He reminds me.

"That's true. You're right. It's just annoying. I told him that I wasn't comfortable with her trying to get so cozy with him. You know, they stayed at the office until like 8pm last night." I reply.

"For what?" He asks.

"I guess he was sorting through a glitch and she wanted a chance to learn. Yeah right." I say, muttering the last part.

"She's young. She's like what...twenty one? No way he's going for that. Remember, he's with you. Not her." 

"I know, it's just frustrating. He doesn't really think she's trying anything nor does he care. I don't want to turn into a stage-five clinger, but it's hard when a college girl is trying to steal your man." I laugh.

"Like I said, absolutely no competition." He laughs. "Now come on, let's get some food ordered so we can at least have something to eat while we work." He suggests.

"Only if we get Mexican." I say.

"It's like you're reading my mind." He says. "Can we order from your parents place? I know you're probably tired of it, but it's my favorite." He smiles.