03. She's The Real Challenge

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
I am not a professional writer and/or critic. My evaluation and opinion will be based on my observation. Do note that some information about the story will be redacted in order to preserve some of the story's highlights, and to not let out spoilers which will ruin other readers' reading experience.

✏✏✏

Author: mr_cuddles
Story: She's The Real Challenge
Critic: VEEutiful
Critique Released: February 6, 2020
Parts Read: 65
Book Status: Complete

TITLE
🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕

☑ Intriguing. Why is "She" the real challenge? A lot of messages can also be inferred in the title, kaya mapapaisip ang readers kung bakit ganito ang title, thus enticing them to read further. No'ng title pa lang ang nabasa ko inakala kong falling game e, but boy was I wrong.

☑ Easy to remember, marketable ika nga. Hindi kasi ito sobrang ikli at 'di naman sobrang mouthful, yet it already says something about the story.

No need to change the title as it's perfect the way it is.

BOOK COVER
🌕🌕🌕🌕🌖

☑ Simple yet aesthetic. Hindi masakit sa mata at maganda pang titigan.

☑? Color scheme and choice of font, font size and font color are good. Although, since kapag nag-bo-browse ng stories sa Wattpad hindi talaga nakikita ang book cover in full scale, kaya nagmumukhang "Real Challenge" lang ang title nito at nawawala ang "She's The". I suggest that you put a darker color as the outline of the first two words of the title.

☑ Symbolisms. The chat bubbles with the heart in the middle confused me when I first saw your book cover. Ang unang pumasok sa isip ko ay baka epistolary 'yon kaya may gano'n, pero for the second time, mali na naman ako. Nakita ko agad ang relevance nito in the first few chapters of the story na talaga namang nagpakilig na lang sa 'kin as it shows the foundation of the main characters' relationship - their endless bickering.

Mas lalo pa akong na-amazed sa ka-witty-han ng book cover nang mabasa ko na 'yong sa "ying and yang" part, which has the black and white color scheme of the chat bubbles (I dunno if that was really the explanation of the colors, pero ayon 'yong pagkakaintindi ko do'n e). Overall, it was well made at talagang nakakapintig ng damdamin lalo na 'pag mas naiintindihan na ang mga minor details ng book cover.

BLURB
🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕

☑ Characters? Check. Conflict? Check. Mystery? Check. The delivery of the blurb was smooth at halatang talagang pinag-isipan.

☑ The way you made the blurb was rather interesting. Inserting a typical and clichè plot to the blurb then proceeds to tell that that's not what the story will be all about really piqued my attention as how could you make that not clichè? For once ba magkakatuluyan si leading lady and second guy? Those were my thoughts in reading the description at ayon na rin ang pinanghahawakan ko mula no'ng basahin ko 'yong story, pero for the third time, mali na naman ako.

CHARACTERIZATION/
TONE
🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕

☑ The way the characters were introduced were so smooth and creative.

☑ Breath and tone. I immediately fell in love with your characters the moment I met them. You can literally feel and hear them dahil na rin sa husay na pagkakagawa sa kanila. Each character has his/her own personality to the point na makikilala kung sino ang nagsasalita base pa lang sa dialogue. Honestly, I was amazed.