Kristen, The Hairdresser

A few days after my family dinner I received an email from Mr. Blackwood. He was going to attend a business dinner with an important client and he needed his date to look the part too. He didn't trust the woman to dress herself and considering her style before she dated the infamous Mr. Blackwood I could understand why. It was okay to wear whatever you liked but sometimes you also needed to play a part. Those were the rules of doing business and being successful. I scanned the email I received.

A formal dress appropriate to wear at a business dinner.
Something low key but still appealing to the eyes.

He didn't want his date to distract. A woman with her body type and her beautiful face would surely distract. He wanted his client to focus on him, not on his date. I decided it was best to pay my favorite mall a visit again. I was getting ready to head out when I received a call from my mother.

"Hello, mom." I greeted, tossing my shoes on the floor in front of my bed while I took a seat on the pale blue sheets, wandering my free hand over the silk sheets, "How are you?"

"I'm good, thank you for asking, hon." I smiled hearing how gentle she sounded. Mom was in a good mood today. Maybe things at the office weren't so hectic right now. Those moments were rare for Abby Merigold, "Do you have plans this weekend?"

"No, my schedule is free."

I heard shoveling in the background, mom was probably on the move. Walking while reading through some papers and calling her daughter. I was impressed.

"Want to go to a spa with me?" She asked.

"Yes, I'd love that." Grinning at the thought of having a mother-daughter day.

"Okay, I'll make the appointment. I'll text you the time, I'll pick you up so we can head there together."

"Okay, mom."

"What are you up to today?"

I stared at the shoes in front of my feet. I wanted a pedicure, French tips would be good. Slipping my feet into the black heels I stared at the digital clock on my bedside table. I still had time, maybe I could grab a coffee first before heading to the mall.

"I have an assignment from Mr. Blackwood," I informed her casually.

I got to my feet and walked up to the tall mirror placed by the door. Whenever I left to head out for the day I had the opportunity to make sure everything was in place. I wasn't involved in the Merigold business but being an heiress did get me to have my picture taken occasionally. I didn't want to find an embarrassing picture of me online. It would never disappear, forever lost on the internet.

"Hiring a personal shopper sounds pretty good to me right now as well."

I stared at my reflection in the mirror, making sure the burgundy sweater dress I was wearing still covered my ass. I wasn't flashing my panties so I was still good. I then ran my fingers through my blonde locks to straighten them out a little.

"Do you need me to do your shopping for you, mom?" I asked, "Since you're family I'll do it for free."

Mom laughed, she sounded tired but still happy.

"I do need a few things but I'll be late again today." She let me know, "If you can take care of this for me spa day will be on me."

"Send me a list of things you need and I'll get it done."

"Thanks, hon." Mom sounded relieved.

I grabbed my scarf and wrapped it around my neck, it covered half of my hair but I liked it that way. Kicking off my heels I walked back to my closet and took out a pair of black knee-high socks. Fall was a beautiful season with all the different colors, not to mention sweater weather really appealed to me. But it was so cold I needed to layer up so I wouldn't feel like dying every time I left the house. I took the socks with me into the room and sat down on the bed again.