Mrs. Blackwood

The moment I met Jacob Blackwood I knew I'd be trapped in his web. I was right about that but I didn't care. Jacob Blackwood made me fall in love with him, obsess over him and make decisions in my life which I never would have made. He pushed me to be honest with myself and those around me. I loved him for it.

Today I'd marry the guy, the first day of our new life together.

I'd lie if I said I wasn't anxious. The ceremony would be held with only close friends and family. I couldn't mess that up. The reception, however, that made me feel sick. A lot of people would attend it and half of them I probably didn't even know.

I had to suck it up though, it would be over within a few hours. It was the least I could do to help Jacob get his reputation back on track.

It wasn't shit anymore, Fenna didn't win with her vindictive ways. She'd be buried in photos and videos of Jacob and me today.

What I wouldn't give to see her fuming with envy.

The makeup artist finished up with my look which meant that I was ready to get married to Jacob. Nick walked into the room, his eyes taking me in. He looked awed by what he saw. That meant the makeup artist and hairstylist did a good job.

"Wow, you look absolutely stunning." He walked over to me and grabbed my hands in his, "I have to ask though I already know the answer. I'm your brother, it's my job to protect you."

I smiled, shaking my head at him. I knew what that meant, I knew what he was going to ask of me.

"It's not too late, if you're having second thoughts about this whole thing I can get you out of here. We'll go sip cocktails on a beach somewhere and forget about everything."

Squeezing his hands I grinned at my brother who made the women who made me pretty giggle.

"I love you, Nick. You're a good brother." Nick helped me get to my feet and pulled me in for a hug, "But this it. He's the one." I whispered to him.

Nick tightened his hold on me, giving me a tight hug. It almost felt like he wasn't going to let go.

"I know you're happy with him.

"I am." I smiled.

Nick let me go and smiled at me, "Okay then let me know if you need anything. The ceremony is about to start in thirty minutes."

"How is Jacob doing?" I asked, curious to know if he was anxious or happy or also ready to flee to sip cocktails on a beach somewhere to escape all of this.

Nick snorted, "He is impatient, he wants this to get over with."

That was good, it meant that he was happy. He couldn't wait to get married to me. My soft look confused Nick but that because he didn't know Jacob as well as I did.

"His impatience means he can't wait to get married to me."

Nick shoved his hands in his pockets, he didn't look convinced but his shoulders slumped in agreement anyway, "You know him best."

That was true, I did know Jacob through and through. I had him wrapped around my finger even though no one would believe it.

Not even Jacob wanted to believe it, but it was true.

Sitting back down in my chair I enjoyed the last few minutes of peace and quiet. Once my father would walk me down the aisle things would move fast. Jacob and I would rush through things on auto-pilot, trying survive this important day which would also become a media circus.

We'd get through it together.

***

The wedding ceremony went well just as I thought. We were surrounded by people who truly cared about us which made the moment more special. Though I had to be honest I had only eyes for Jacob, everyone else faded into the background. It made Nick chuckle and shake his head at me while my fiancé grinned at me. He saw right through me. He couldn't judge me though because he looked giddy, excited to make me his wife.