Loving Touch

Sleeping in was something Jacob didn't allow me to do. Saturday meant no work yet my fiancé made plans without telling me. He shoved me and he didn't do it gently either. I jumped awake, my eyes scanning the room frantically. My eyes landed on the smug looking Jacob Blackwood which made me grown and bury myself underneath my pillow.

"What do you want?" I grumbled, cranky that he woke me up that harshly, "Jerk." I added.

He gave my shoulder another shove for good measure. Such a jerk.

When I peeked at him from underneath my pillow I noticed the serious look in his eyes. He spoke up when he noticed he got my attention.

"Get ready, let's have a date day."

My brain was still asleep because I had no idea what he was telling me or ordering me to be more precise. My brain wasn't processing his words.

"Wait what?"

"Date day." He spoke slowly yet firmly, "So get ready."

I heard him but I still didn't understand him.

"What's date day?" I asked sitting up, brushing my hair back which fell in my face.

His lips twitched, "A whole day dedicated to us going around town, having fun and just spending time together."

He shoved his hands in the pockets of his nice looking jeans. Tight around the thighs and fitting him so damn fine. The soft pink sweater on top made him look like an absolute cutie. Looks could be deceiving though. There was nothing cute about Jacob Blackwood at first sight. You needed to spend time with him to uncover the cute side of him. If he allowed it that is.

Right now he was being so damn cute to me.

I smiled at him, "I'm going to get ready." I whispered.

His eyes glittered, "You do that, I'll make us coffee."

"You're the best." I rolled out of bed and made my way into the bathroom.

I took my time getting ready, wanting to look lovely for my considered fiancé. My makeup was natural with a pop of my favorite pink colored lipstick. I ran my fingers through my hair to soften the curls and kept it soft and natural looking. Spritzing on some peach laced with lily scented perfume on I left the bathroom in a good mood. Jacob left my coffee mug on my bedside table as usual. I sipped it and then strolled into our walk-in closet to pick my outfit.

Jacob looked pretty casual today so I wanted to match that.

I chose to wear a light colored jeans with a gray soft sweater on top which was thick and would keep me warm. My white colored woolen scarf got wrapped around my neck like a puffy looking fabric which ate me alive. Tossing my essentials in my small bag I pushed the straps on my shoulder and quickly grabbed my mug filled with delicious coffee and joined my fiancé in the living room.

Jacob's soft smile told me he liked my outfit.

He looked comfy on our couch. I sat down beside him, snuggling into his side which made him rest his arm around the back of the couch to give me more access. Smiling I enjoyed my coffee while snuggling with my lovely fiancé.

I felt too happy, not knowing how to express that. All I could do was grin until my jaw hurt.

Jacob snorted, "Sweetheart." He muttered.

It sounded like a warning but when I looked at him I could tell that he enjoyed me being that happy. I assumed seeing me happy is what he wanted to achieve with this date day. The mere thought of it made me giggle. It was ridiculous yet so cute.