[ 5 ]

Dominic's POV

"So, she's the one who I have to get rid of. Seems simple enough." I stare at the girl, who's cluelessly looking at herself in the reflection of my car window.

Of course, she can't see I'm sitting inside, I smirk at myself.

But that amusement quickly turns into rage. I haven't slipped up once in my life, how did I let this bitch live?

I should've killed her the second I realized what she had seen. She could jeopardize everything.

She's quietly talking to herself, but I can't hear anything because of the soundproof vehicle.

The more I stare at her, the more I want to know what's going on in that pretty little mind of hers.

How far do I have to push to completely ruin her? A smug smile appears on my face.

Maybe getting rid of her can wait...

• • •

Inaya's POV

I stare at the gun the man has pushed towards me, blinking out of not being able to process his words.

"Oh! You probably don't know how to use a gun. Let me show you, it's quite fun, actually." He stands behind.

He places the gun in my hand with his hand over mine.

He uses his other hand to place my finger on the trigger, and leans down to my ear, "If you press the trigger, I'll let you live, amore mìo."

I don't give this a second thought.

I slip my hands out of his grip the moment my senses come back to me.

"No!" I drop my shaking hands to my side.

"Did I just hear her deny my offer, Lenny?"

His body presses up against my back, making me extremely uncomfortable.

Lenny stares at me with a look that screams 'you shouldn't have done that'.

"Did I just hear you refuse instructions from Dominic Belcastro?" His voice has an annoyed edge to it.

He grips my hand painfully in his, while making me clutch onto the gun.

The smooth, yet hard, edges of the gun is digging into the palm of my hand, making my hand burn. His grip could easily crush my hand if he puts the slightest more pressure on it.

Tears begin forming in my eyes from the increasingly unbearable stinging of my hand.

"Please, don't... I'm begging you, please don't make me do this." I whisper loud enough for him to hear.

"I do love it when women beg to me... but in this case..." A sinister laughs belts out from Dominic. "She's such a silly girl. I don't listen to anyone but myself, amore mìo."

His finger is on mine, while mine is on the trigger. I feel him slowly putting pressure on my finger while I helplessly watch on in horror with no control of this.

He targets Lenny, I can't tell which part of him. There are too many things going through my head for me to be able to focus.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry for this, Sir..." I apologize to Lenny over and over again.

This is more than inhumane, this is Hell.

Through my blurred vision, I swear I saw Lenny mouth: it's okay.