[ 10 ]

Dominic's POV

Why would she be helping me? What's her plan? I watch her carefully as she frantically looks at me with those big brown eyes that are full of panic.

Fuck, I can't believe I let that bastard scratch me up this bad with a knife. I shouldn't have underestimated that son of a— fuck.

Pain sears through my abdomen better than a branding iron, my mind conceding to the torment, unable to bring a thought to completion.

"Shut the fuck up!" I yell at her, but she doesn't flinch. Not this time.

Without meaning to my body curls into something fetal, something primeval and all the while the pain burns and radiates

Instead she lightly scolds me. "No! You're bleeding out! Are you crazy?! At this rate, you'll bleed to death!"

I stare at her in amusement, Ive been a comeplete asshole and she still wants to help me. There has to be a reason behind this.

But I have no energy to fight, "Upstairs. Master bedroom room."

"I don't know where that is. Can you give me directions?" She asks.

I cane barely form words. I'm gritting my teeth from the constant pain.

"Dominic, can you please do that for me? Please." Her voice is so soft, so welcoming.

I'd love to hear her moan my name, I smirk.

I couldn't even manage a snarky comment so I just accept defeat and let her take me upstairs.

• • •

Inaya's POV

After I have him so painkillers, he has become more conscious.

He tries pushing my hand away as I clean the wounds on his arm, but I just give him a warning look.

"Don't be stubborn now. You can go back to being stubborn after I'm done."

He rolls his eyes at me, but stops pushing me away.

"Stitches, these need stitches. Can't you tell?" He grits his teeth.

"What do you want me to do?" I ask, nervously.

"I'll do it myself." He grunts, then grabs scissors and silver wire.

I flinch as I watch him grunt in pain. He grits his teeth so hard that his jaw looks like it would dislocate.

"Would you like some—"

"Be quiet!" He yells.

"Sorry..." I mumble.

Once he finishes, it feels like I can finally breathe.

"Anywhere else?" I ask.

He doesn't reply, he doesn't even look at me at first.

"Dominic, anywhere else?" I ask him again

He switches places and takes a seat on the bed; He starts taking off his shirt.

"Wait—" Before I could say anything, it was off.

His body is covered in cuts from small ones to giant slashes but none of these would need stitching. I could barely see his skin colour because of the amount of blood covering it.