[ 21 ]

Inaya's POV

"Inaya!" Angela pokes her head through my door.

"Come in!" I smile.

She walks in with a big shopping bag and I raise my brow.

"You went shopping?" I raise a brow.

"Yes." She grins. "For you."

"For me?"

"Yes, for you." She smiles.

"Why is that?" I ask.

"Well... Pretty unbelievable but Dominic's going to take you out tonight." She winks.

At first I giggle, thinking she's joking. But when she looks at me without saying that she's joking, I almost choke.

"He's what?" My breath gets caught in the throat.

"I said the same thing when he asked me to find you something nice to wear." She laughed.

"Angela, are you sure you heard him correctly?" I ask, nervously.

"Yes, I made him repeat himself three times." She says with an amused look playing in her eyes.

"Are you sure he's not going to try to sell me off again?" I accidentally blurt out.

"Again? What do you mean again?" Angela's tone is on the edge.

Maybe I shouldn't have said that... I shouldn't have put such heavy information out on her like that.

I sigh, "Yes, again. Last time he took me out, Dominic tried to sell me off to someone named Mr. Luciano."

Her eyes widen. "And you got away alive after not going with him?"

I look at her, confused. "Barely, but yes."

"Luciano would never touch a hair on Dominic's head but I'm shocked he let you get away." Her tone sounds like she couldn't believe it.

Is this all really casual?

I told her what ended up happening, every detail.

She smirks, "Ah, I see what Dominic did. Luciano probably thinks you're dead."

What Dominic did... "What did Dominic do?"

She raises a brow. "You didn't figure it out? He's the one who ordered the hit."

I look at her, still confused.

"He created such a scene to bring you back, Princess." She smiles.

"You're serious?" My jaw drops.

"I'm serious. If he backtracked from his initial promise, people would question his allegiance so he must've ordered the hit in secret." She explains.

"You're trying to tell me that he ordered a blood bath to get me out of there?" I blink in disbelief.

"And fake your death, yes." She confirms.

"He decided to save me from being sold off, after deciding to sell me off?" My words sounded weak all of a sudden.

"Yes. Now, are you done with the questions? We need to get you ready." Angela didn't want to get into too much detail and I didn't want to push it.

However, I still want to know. Why isn't she shocked by all of this? She knows how much he hates me.

"You don't seem to be too surprised by this." I say.

"Trust me, I'm surprised that he put his reputation on the line to save you. What I'm not surprised about is the successful attack he planned within seconds; that's just how Dominic works." She shakes her head while smiling.

Why would he take back his decision? It makes no sense. I can feel his hatred for me every time he's close by.

A sinking feeling occurs in my stomach... "Did I cause all those deaths that night?"

"Obviously not! You didn't know anything." Angel quickly shakes her head.

"But it was because of me." I frown.

"You're overthinking this. 99.99% of those men were evil to the core." She says.

I look at the floor, "But isn't Dominic considered one of those men?"

Angela goes quiet. She doesn't deny it, neither does she admit it because she knows. She knows Dominic's nature. She knows he probably saved me for his own selfish reasons. And she knows there's definitely no point in lying to me. But she's genuinely glad that he didn't send me away and she doesn't care what the reason may be.

Either way, I'm still grateful to be alive. To an extent, Angela's right. Those men were there for all the wrong reasons, they were bad people.

I realized that I must've made Angela uncomfortable so I quickly switch up our thoughts.

"What did you get me?" I grin.

Her eyes light up again and my heart lightens.

She pulls out a few items from the bag and I look at her in shock.

"You bought all of this for only tonight?" I gasp.

"Yes! It's perfect for tonight's chilly weather! Now, go put it on!" She's almost jumping with joy.

I listen to Angela and change into the clothes. I'm so surprised by her choices because the outfit is super stylish and comfortable!

I look in the full-length mirror and smile. Everything is black except for the sienna coloured coat. To be honest, dressing nice in itself can make me feel a little happier.

"We'll do a simple makeup look and voilà!" Angela claps her hands together in excitement.

After 15 minutes, Angela finished up with my makeup, which she did perfectly. She nailed the whole natural look.

We walk downstairs together to the kitchen and she tells me she has to leave. I give her a quick hug and thanked her for everything.

"Don't be nervous! If you're nervous, don't let him know you're nervous." She winks before leaving.

I sit at the kitchen counter, slowly getting anxious about this.

The real reason why I'm doing this is because I want to see the outside world. It feels like I haven't actually seen anything outside of these walls in a while. Every time I was taken out, I was nervous but in a negative way.

But this time... this time I feel butterflies.

An hour goes by and I haven't moved from the kitchen.

I sigh, "I should've known this was a joke or something..."

Just as I was about to leave to go upstairs, a pair of hands grab me by my waist from behind and pull me into a chest.

"I see that you've listened to what I asked for you to do." Dominic whispers into my ear.

His arms around my waist secured in place as he rests his shin on my shoulder. "I'll show you the stars tonight, amore mìo."

The butterflies that were fluttering in my stomach have exploded into this different feeling. I could barely feel my legs anymore.

He lets go only to grab my arm and wrap it around his.

I shouldn't be doing this. I really shouldn't.

But what happens when you don't listen to him? I think to myself.

I've never seen him in such a good mood. Maybe I can push it to see how much advantage I can take from this sudden change.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"It's a surprise." He smirks, making my heart do somersaults.

- - -

A/N: what drugs did he have before coming home? They should keep giving it to him. LMFAO! 😂

Next Update: sooooon, Insha'Allah! Please be patient! 😭

Please vote and comment and let me know how y'all feel!!