[ 9 ]

Inaya's POV

I begin to roam the house, not on purpose, but because I literally cannot find my way back to my room.

Each door or each pathway leads to somewhere else, my already exhausted mind cannot comprehend what's where.

At times, I couldn't tell if I had already passed through this hall or if it's new.

I haven't had breakfast, my stomach is grumbling and I'm feeling extremely lightheaded from hunger and dehydration. In fact, I don't think I had anything to eat or drink in over 24 hours.

"Ya Allah, please, please help me." My head begins spinning and my vision blurs.

"Woah there, Princess!" Nick's voice slightly brings back some conscious. "You don't look so good."

My words don't come out, it feels like as if I'm slowly becoming paralyzed. Fainting is not fun.

Nick quickly grabs me, putting my hand over his shoulders and walks me over to the nearby chair.

"Water." I manage to whisper.

"Yes, of course!" He fills up a glass and gives it over to me.

As the ice cold water runs down my throat, it feels like someone breathed new life into me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you worry." I apologize.

"Not a problem! When was the last time you ate or drank something?" He asks.

"Maybe... a day ago?" I answer, honestly.

"Are you kidding me? My brother didn't send anything to your room? Angela?" He furrows his brows together.

I tell him Angela sent me downstairs but Dominic told me to go back to the room.

"Dom can be such an asshole all the time. This is no way to treat a princess. Give me five minutes, I'll have something for you to eat." He slides an apple across the counter. "Eat this in the meanwhile!"

"I can't thank you enough, Nick." I smile at him.

My heart feels this warmth from the way Nick is caring for me, knowing it'll upset his brother. And also, the fact that he's only met me yesterday, yet genuinely being so kind to me.

Not in a million years would I expect someone like him to come from a violent background.

Maybe he's not involved in the... business.

Nick doesn't disappoint as he somehow whips up an omelette with a side of salad and a glass of juice within 5 to 10 minutes.

"This is absolutely delicious. Thank you so much. I really can't thank you enough. How can I ever repay you?" I smile.

"Will you agree to anything?" He smirks.

"Yes, as long as it doesn't involve a gun." I giggle.

"Far from using a gun, Princess. I would never make you do such a thing." He smiles, making my heart flutter. "Will you go on a date with me?"

I abruptly stop smiling.

"Okay, we won't call it a date, then. Will you spend a day with me? We'll do fun things! For example, watch a movie, go out to eat, go to a autumn carnival, the possibilities are endless." He tries convincing me.

"I don't know, Nick..." This would not settle well with Dominic, I think to myself.

"I promise you, no guns involved." He says.