[ 11 ]

Warning: this chapter gets a little sexually explicit me the end... I warned you! You can't complain later! 💀

- - -

Inaya's POV

Two days have passed since that one terrifying night. I haven't seen Dominic since.

In fact, I did everything in my power to not bump into him. Not like I wasn't already doing that before, but now, I'm trying even harder to avoid him.

Nick has dropped by yesterday and said I look unhappy... almost uncomfortable. I don't know how he could tell because I thought I had put on my best smile to cover everything.

I couldn't tell him; I was embarrassed and felt dirty after that encounter with Dominic. I wanted to forget it. But no matter what I did, I couldn't erase the memory. I would see him in my nightmares, every nightmare ends the same: he takes my life in the most torturous way possible.

Nick knew something was wrong but he didn't push it. And I was extremely relieved he didn't push on the topic because I'm sure I would've broken down if he asked.

"A little birdy told me you have a date with Mr. Nicholas in a few days." Angela grins as she passes me a plate with breakfast.

"It's not a date!" I say defensively. "I agreed to hang out with him."

"He won't consider it as anything but a date. He's extremely flirtatious but good at heart." Angela says.

"I know... but a date... I can't." I try to say as politely as possible.

"It's a spiritual thing?" She asks.

I nod.

"Maybe he'll skip everything and just marry you." She winks, making my cheeks heat up. "He seems like he's smitten with you."

"Me? No... it's probably just a phase." I say.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is actually just a phase. Maybe he isn't getting enough female attention and I'm the only one around.

She shrugs her shoulders, sort of agreeing with me.

Nicholas looks like he's been taking right out of a magazine cover and I look like I haven't gotten a good night's sleep in 30 years.

"Oh my, I forgot to ask. How is Mr. Benny and Mr. Lenny doing?" I smile, genuinely wanting to know how they are.

"Mister? Princess, don't be so polite." She giggles. "I haven't seen them for a few days. They disappear for missions and sometimes I don't know for days if they're alive or..." there's a look of sadness in her eyes.

I sad frown comes upon my face. "Oh... I'm sorry. It must be tough. I couldn't imagine..."

"What kind of man did you want to marry?" She suddenly asks.

I start blushing. One of my goals in life, besides my career, was getting married and having a family.

But that thought only brings sadness in my heart now, knowing I won't have any of that.

"I didn't have much of a list... I just wanted unconditional love. Growing up, I didn't receive much of the love and attention most kids had..." my voice grows sadder. "So I told myself that when I'm grown, I'd marry a kind, simple man who would just love and adore me. That's it. And I wouldn't have a complain in the world."

"Isn't that what we all want, Princess? When I met Lenny, I didn't think he'd be the one. He was such a bad-boy-asshole type and I wanted a simple man, just like you. Look where that got me." She laughs.