[ 15 ]

Inaya's POV

There an aggressive knock on my room's door, making me almost jump off the floor.

Yes, I was sitting on the floor. Sometimes, the floor is a nice place.

I was sitting there and minding my own business, thinking about how I'm going to fulfill the promise I made to myself: survive this place, survive Dominic's torture, and fulfill my hopes and dreams.

I already have my hijab on. I always keep it on because some people don't knock and just tend to walk in... I'm sure everyone knows who I'm talking about.

I slowly open the door to find that it's Nicholas and I let out a breath of relief.

"Expecting someone else?" He smirks.

"Good morning." I smile at him, ignoring his comment because merely speaking about his brother scares me.

"I fucked up." He says abruptly. 

I just blink, not knowing what he's talking about.

"I didn't show up yesterday. I probably left you waiting all day." There's a look of guilt in his eyes.

No, don't worry. Your brother took me out on a wonderful day instead.

"No! It's fine. I understand your line of work means random assignments." I say.

"That was still shitty but Dominic told me it was unavoidable. He wasn't wrong but I could've just sent someone else in my place—"

So, Mr. Belcastro was the one who planned this...

"Nick! Breathe!" I say as I unconsciously place my hand on his shoulder to calm him down. "It's okay. Trust me. I genuinely did not mind."

"Jesus! You're way to nice! Any other girl would've beheaded me by now." He says.

"Because you didn't show up? That's a little overdramatic, no?" I raise a brow.

"You have no idea how crazy girls around here can be." He grins. "You know what..." he grabs my hand and trails me along with him.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked Nick.

It's funny, I asked Dominic the same question yesterday, however, my voice was trembling with fear when I did and we ended somewhere that was t pleasant at all.

But with Nick, I don't feel like I'm walking into death.

"We're going out right at this moment." He smirks, playfully.

"Right now?! I didn't even change into something nicer!"

He stops and looks at me right in my eyes. His eyes softening as he stares, "You look absolutely gorgeous! Don't worry about it."

My cheeks begin heating up as I feel a blush creep onto my cheeks.

He chuckles. "You're so cute."

And with that, he takes me to his car, which, of course, is a bright red Lamborghini Aventador. It matches his loud, bright personality perfectly.

"M'lady," he says cheekishly as he opens the passenger door for me with a hand above my head so I don't hit my head on the car frame while going in.

"Thank you." I sit down and we head off for our promised adventure.

• • •

"Where do you want to go?" Nick asks. We've been driving around for about five minutes thinking about what to do.