[ 29 ]

Dominic's POV

I've fucking pissed off. There's a rage burning inside me that I can't fuse.

I stare at the picture, which now is dented and scratched up because of the glass. The picture was already old and fragile, she didn't do it any favours.

That little b—Couldn't she find any other thing in that room to touch?

It's been a long week of negotiations and business deals. My mind is crushed from all the contracts I've been reading throughout the last few days.

I shouldn't have reacted that way but why the fuck does she keep doing things that piss me off!

That picture is the only one I have left... the only one where all of us are together... the last time we were together as a family...

My mind slowly thinks about how I reacted... I look at my hand and it's covered in blood. And it's not my blood.

Fuck.

I rush back to Inaya's room and quickly unlock the door.

She's lying on the ground unconscious. I carry her bridal style and place her on the bed.

I touch her cheek softly, "Hey... amore mìo, can you hear me?" She doesn't flinch, not one movement.

My chest is beating so loud that I could barely think.

I slightly tap her cheeks. "Inaya... Inaya?" Her name from my mouth sounds foreign.

I run out to get the first aid kit. I open the box to find tweezers. I shouldn't have slammed her hand onto the broken pieces of glass.

My stomach lurches at the thought of the pain she must've been through from this. I slowly pull out each and every piece of glass out of her skin. I clean the wounds on her skin using alcohol wipes and use a gauze dressing to cover the cuts. Using a gauze strip, I wrap it around the dressing to hold it in place.

I use the alcohol wipes to clean the door of its blood stains.

I walk back to her bedside, holding her hand in mine for a few minutes. She looks so peaceful in her sleep...

I'll never do anyone any good. It's not in my blood. I don't know anything but aggression because that's all I've known.

I drop her hand and walk out of the room.

She might deserve better but my ego would never let anyone else have her.

I lock the door behind me; I won't let her escape because I can't let her go.

• • •

Inaya's POV

I wake up to the sunlight peaking through the curtains. I cover my eyes with my hand, squinting at the fact that it's so bright.

Suddenly, last night's events rush through my memories and my head aches. I slowly look down at my hands, half expecting an infection and half expecting it to not be there for some reason.