[ 25 ]

Inaya's POV

"Inaya?" Cat whispers with her hands on her mouth.

Her eyes are glossy with tears and her hands wobbling.

Tears well up in my eyes as I stare at the person I've been longing to see. My best friend. My sister. My soulmate.

My emotions swirl like ocean currents, deep and strong. The tears flow down my cheeks and drop from my chin. I stand there, just a statue. I don't know if it's out of shock or something. Maybe because of this wave of sadness that just washed over me.

Why am I sad to see her? Am I sad? Or is this happiness?

Then, why does my chest feel so heavy? Maybe guilt for not trying to reach out sooner?

I don't know! I don't know why I'm feeling so much all at once!

I fall to the ground, hard. My knees digging deep on the floor, aching.

Caterina runs towards me and holds me in her arms. This was my breaking point. This is when I begin sobbing so loud that my whole body trembles. I couldn't breathe, let alone be able to form words.

I hold Caterina tighter. Just as my world fell apart, it somehow began to put itself together the second she held me.

I want to tell her how much I missed her. I want to tell her how much I love her. I want to tell her I wasn't arrested or being framed for murder. Or at least not yet.

"My sweet, Inaya. I'm so sorry I didn't find you sooner. I'm so sorry." She sobs onto my shoulder.

"I missed you so much. I'm sorry I didn't try reaching out." I couldn't let her go.

I was so afraid that if I let her go that she'd slip away or I'd wake up and it would just be a dream.

"You can't just walk into my fucking house without my permission to make so much commotion." Dominic sighs with annoyance.

"You! You fucking bastard!" Caterina yells at him as she helps me stand up. "You kept her hidden here for God knows how long and you didn't tell me shit. I told you I was looking for her. You knew!"

"Do I look like someone who'd tell you?" He raises a brow.

"I wasn't fucking asking, I was ordering you to tell me. I used up all my resources only for her to be here; at my own bitch ass cousin's house." Caterina is fuming.

Cousin?

Dominic only rolls his eyes, I effected by her words.

Cat places her hand on my cheek. "Did he hurt you, Inaya? He has a habit of traumatizing women he comes across. Are you okay? Why did he take you?" She then turns around to look at him and her tone of voice takes a 180. "Why the fuck did you take her?"

He crosses his arms over his chest. "You know this. She saw everything."

"She didn't see shit! Even if she did, does she look like a threat?" At this point, Cat looks like she'll combust from all the anger.

"It didn't matter. She witnessed it." He states.

"So? What's the big fucking deal? What the hell did she even witness?" She asks.

"She witnessed..." Dominic pauses, as if to choose his words carefully. "West side."

His sentence was incomplete and I didn't understand. But, I think Caterina did because her eyes quickly widened for a bit, then she tried to regain her composure.