[ 14 ]

Inaya's POV

"Figlio di puttana!" Mr. Luciano mutters. "Someone take her away! You idiots, pull out your goddamn guns!"

As two men take Mr. Luciano to safety, the others march right into the war zone, forgetting about me.

I take this chance to run and find cover. Just as I was running, I hadn't seen a broken mirror piece sticking out. One of my fingers slashes right against it, gushing out thick, red liquid. It runs down my finger onto my hand and down my sleeve but I couldn't feel it because of the adrenaline rushing through me.

I manage to duck under a desk as I watch bodies hit the ground from being shot.

Dark red blood being splatters across the room, painting walls and floors in the colour of death. The blood gushing out of multiple people are creating pools of the liquid on floors.

Slowly, bits and pieces of human flesh begun flying around. Bile rises up my throat as I feel so sick that I want to throw up.

My mind is slowly paralyzing from the horrifically violent scene unfolding before me. I've never seen so much... death, blood and violence before.

I cover my ears and close my eyes shut. If I move one inch from here, someone will blow my brains out.

My mind trails to Benny and Lenny. I hope and pray they are alright. Then, an image of Dominic pops up in my mind.

A part of me hopes he's okay as well. I know he's done things that would equal to me wishing death upon him but I don't.

As I curl up into a ball, I feel a hand grab my shoulder.

Instantly, my arms and legs go numb until I hear the voice screaming.

"Get up!" Dominic screams.

I stare at him, blinking.

"Do you want to fucking die here? I said get up!" He grabs my arm and pulls me out of the table.

He intertwines his hands with mine and pulls me behind him. He hides behind pillars to not let anyone see us.

We pass by severely injured bodies, unconscious on the floor. The guilt in me is rushing through as I think about how I cannot help anyone in here.

"Run." He orders.

"Huh?" I could barely hear him.

"Run!" He repeats himself.

So, I did. I gripped his hand even tighter and ran as fast as my feet could take me.

When I manage to catch a glimpse of Dominic, I notice how disheveled he is. His sweater and jeans are ruined with blood stains and rips. His hair is tousled instead of neatly kept. Despite all that, he still manages to look handsome, maybe looks even more attractive like this.

We made it all the way to his car without being noticed. He had a second pair of keys for the car with him to unlock it.

I was panting and out of breath by the time we sit down inside the car.

"Lenny and Benny?! Are they okay?" I manage to ask once I catch my breath.

He scoffs. "That's what you're worried about after all that?" He goes silent for a second. "They're fine. They left the second everything went down."

After a few minutes of silent driving, I decide to ask, "Are you okay?"

He snorts. "I'm alive."

The rest of the drive back was quiet but a different kind of quiet. It was more of a grateful ride back than an anxious one.

Once we get inside, I thought I'd take care of any minor injuries.