[ 22 ]

Inaya's POV

Dominic opens the door to his blacked out Mercedes G-Wagon. For some reason, I smile to myself thinking how this is such a Dominic car.

"You won't tell me where we're going, are you?" I smile slightly.

"I will tell you that you the least exciting place we're going. The mall." He answers.

"Oh? Do you need something?" I ask.

He doesn't answer but he does smile a little, making my chest tingle.

Ya Allah! His beautiful smile can really make my soul jump.

As we drive by, I see people giving glimpses at the car, trying to see who's inside. It does look like a very customized. luxury car.

What if I run the second he opens the door... how far would I make it before being shot point-blank?

We reach a mall pretty quickly and I realize which mall this is. It's one of the fancier malls in our area, the one with all designer, high-end brands you can think of. Whenever I visited this mall with either Caterina or Mehar, I'd always make sure to dress a little better than usual.

Caterina used to joke about how we could easily pick up a rich man at this mall and live our lives blissfully. I'd always laugh saying that she'd be able to pick one up with ease, me on the other hand... I wouldn't be able to do that even if I wanted to because of my deathly awkward personality.

Caterina... Mehar... being here and remembering them is making my chest clench in pain. I miss them so much, so very much. I wish I could see them, just once, just one glimpse. Just to see if they're okay.

"Ma'am, are you okay?" I hear a man's voice.

I look up to see a valet, who opened my door already, waiting for me to step out.

"Oh, I'm sorry for holding you up." I quickly apologize.

"It's okay. Sir is waiting for you at the entrance." He smiles.

I nod and thank him.

I quickly walk towards Dominic, who, for some reason, didn't notice I didn't follow him out of the car.

"What took you so long?" Dominic says with a hint of annoyance in his tone.

Is he always this impatient this quickly?

"Sorry, I didn't realize you left."

"You weren't planning on running, were you?" He raises a brow.

My eyes widen, "Huh—No, I wasn't—"

I notice he isn't being serious because the corner of his lip pulls into a slight smile.

My heart does that stupid little flutter again.

"Let's go." He nonchalantly slips his fingers through mine.

I look around the mall, self conscious about the jealous looks I'm getting from women and amused look I'm getting from men.

I don't blame them for staring. I look like I don't belong beside him. More for the reason that he just looks like he belongs in a completely different level than me rather than the fact that I'm a Muslim.

We stop in front of Chanel and I give him a confused look.

He winks at me before we walk in and makes my heart do the somersaults again.

If he keeps this up all night, I might just die from being flustered.

We are greeted by two women at the door.