[ 35 ]

Dominic's POV

The second I heard her call my name, I thought I'd lost every bit of my sanity. I'm seeing her ghost, what else could it be after not sleeping for over 24 hours?

The second she left that room, I should've gone after her. I should've listened to Darcie and gone after her.

But I didn't because I didn't think she was being serious. I didn't think this would actually effect her. I was barely expecting a reaction.

Why would someone as innocent as her possibly care about someone as fucked up as me? But from what I saw, it looked like she cared, she cared enough to say the things she did.

I barely remember what I did to her in the bathroom, I saw her mouth moving but I couldn't hear her. I must've added fuel to the fire because that's the only fucking thing I'm good at.

And then she walks in on the girls and I... fuck, I can't help it. I've been drooling all over Inaya all night, I just needed release. It didn't fucking matter to me where or from whom it came from.

When I saw my car parked at the front after I searched every inch of the city, I was relieved. But that relief lasted only minutes because the steering wheel had blood stains and for once, it wasn't my blood.

I had the wind knocked right out of my lungs. I thought it was over; my enemies who were looking for her found her. I couldn't do a damn thing about it because they would've killed her within minutes.

If they were angry enough at me, which they probably are, they'd torture her for the first hour until she was barely alive.

The thought of that makes me angry beyond anything.

But when I heard her call my name... every bone in my body relaxed so quickly, it was unbelievable.

Holding her in my arms feels like I'm holding a piece of paradise in my hands.

Fuck, I can't let her out of my sight without protection ever again.

The feeling of paradise only lasted me a minute until she pushes me away.

• • •

Inaya's POV

"Who were you worried about?" I ask, my voice stone cold.

I know exactly who he was worried about but every nerve in my body refuses to believe the man who keeps hurting me would be worried about me.

"What do you mean? You know exactly who." He says.

"No, I don't." I bite back.

"You, I was worried about you." He finally confesses.

"Me?" I give a fake chuckle. "After hurting me so many times, you decide that you want to care about me?"

"I thought they fucking killed you. The people after me... they rarely take victims. They pull the trigger then ask questions. So, hell yeah I was worried." He looks genuinely concerned but why?

"So, those people are just like you? That's great. Plus, killing me would've done you a solid, no? One less annoying problem to worry about." I just couldn't stop, I wanted to hurt him just as much as he hurt me but nothing gets to him.

"Don't fucking say that!" He raises his voice, grabbing my wrist as if to scold me.

"Then, what to do you want me to say? That's how you treat me! As if I'm a constant thorn on your side. Every few seconds you bring around a storm and ruin me." I slowly breathe in and out until I've calmed myself.