[ 49 ]

Dominic's POV

It's been three days–three fucking days since I last had a wink of sleep.

It's been three fucking days since my father snatched away my only reason for living.

It's been three fucking days since I saw the woman I gave away my everything to.

It's been three fucking days since I saw anything but the colour red in my eyes.

"Boss, you're not thinking straight. You need rest!" Lenny says.

"Rest? You want me to fucking rest when I don't know if my wife is dead or alive?"

"Lenny's got a point, Boss. How will you save anyone if you're not alive to do the saving?" Benny's voice is calm.

He's right. My stamina is at its lowest. I can barely stand on my own feet, let alone be able to fight anyone like this.

"Three hours." I say. "I'll rest for three hours and we're gone again."

Lenny and Benny nod.

"That's better than nothing." Lenny says.

I walk to the master suite in the hotel we're staying at in Spain.

My father sent me on a fucking chase. I know this has to be phoney. I know neither Inaya or Nicholas are here but I can't figure it out. I'm taking any and every hint I can get.

I've already travelled to 5 countries in the past three days: Italy, France, Switzerland, Slovakia and now Spain.

I'm being fucked over but I don't know where the fuck to look anymore.

That phone call three days ago shattered every will in my body, replacing it with nothing but anger. My father's voice saying he has what's most precious to me, saying he'll destroy it. I knew, I knew right away it was Inaya. I was at my house within minutes with no sign of her. Then, he told me she's safe for now somewhere in Europe. But that's all, I didn't hear from him again.

I toss and turn in the large king size bed, arm resting on the side my beautiful wife should be laying on. I've never felt so fucking alone in my life. Holding her while I slept has become such a habit that without her, I feel restless and hollow.

Flashes of her beautiful smile fills my mind, the look of innocence she had when she laughed, tilting back her head as she let the giggles escape. The gentle touch of her skin, the soft feeling of her lips, the way she held my hand so delicately or the way she slowly traced her fingers along my bare chest.

My heart pulls at the thought of how she told me she wanted to see Italy and Spain with me one day. I should've taken her right away. Why the fuck did I say no? I could've worked later, I could've taken her with me.

Fuck.

This is what I probably deserve for all the things I've done in my life. But she doesn't deserve this. She doesn't deserve to whatever my father is doing to her. She never signed up for any of this.

After an hour of endless thoughts of what if's, exhaustion finally takes over and I close my eyes to drift off.

• • •

"Boss..." Benny calls out.

My ears perk up but I'm not quite fully awake. It felt like I only closed my eyes for a minute.

"Maybe we let him sleep for another hour." Lenny recommends.

"He'll kill us if he finds out we didn't tell him right away." Benny snaps.