[ 32 ]

A/N: y'all can play the song I linked above right when you start this chapter to add some spice to the scene. 🤪 Song: Scream by Usher.

- - -

Dominic's POV

I had drinks brought to my table. Getting me drunk is difficult but tonight I wanted to be intoxicated.

I've been brought to the VIP area on the mezzanine floor. From here, I can see everyone on the floor.

Again, my eyes flicker over the crowd to find her.

"Dom, you need to relax on the shots." Nick says as I take my 8th shot of pure vodka.

I only look at him with the back off expression and he backs away.

"Look at how much fun the princess and Caterina are having." Nick chuckles.

"Where?" I ask a little too aggressively.

"Down there." He points near the front of the hall, right in front of the DJ booth.

Caterina is trying to loosen Inaya up, trying to get her to sway with the music.

Fucking hell, the dress isn't tight but it's enough to get me weak.

I take another shot. The sensation of the burning alcohol down my throat isn't enough to distract me from her.

I'm hypnotized by her, mesmerized. All the things I could do to her... to that body of hers. The thought has me hard.

My hands over her body, slowly taking off each article of clothes until I see nothing but her bare skin against mine.

Her laughter is making me envious. I want her on my bed, having her scream my name over and over again. I'm sure no man has ever ignited that feeling in her and I need to be her first.

She's driving every part of my body insane. I won't be able to rest until I've touched every part of hers.

The way her smile makes her eyes shine brighter; Those lips... oh, those fucking lips. That pretty plump mouth of hers... all I want is to have it around my di—

"Dom! Do you need to loosen up? You seem tense." Nick elbows me.

"No! Fuck off!" I shove his arm away.

"The alcohol is finally getting to him..." I hear him mumble as I walk away to go downstairs to the dance floor.

• • •

Inaya's POV

Caterina squeals. "Oh. My. God. Two incredibly handsome men fighting over our Princess Inaya? That was the most entertaining thing I've ever seen."

"Cat..." I groan.

"The way Dom stole you away. Stellar. Sexy. Hot. The way he was dancing with you, your face. I've never seen you look so mesmerized."

"I don't know what happened to me... I wanted to walk away the second he held me but I just couldn't." I sigh.

"Inaya, sweetheart, it's not your fault. I really think you're seriously attracted to him. I feel like if you admit it to yourself, it may be easier to control your own impulses maybe?" Cat says.

She may be right. Maybe if I just admit it to myself I'll be able to hold back easier, learn how to not give myself away to him so quickly.

I feel a hand grab mine. "Come with me."