[ 30 ]

Inaya's POV

The dress that Angela and Caterina had chosen for me is absolutely gorgeous. It's just my type of a gown: simple with a touch of glam.

The bottom, ankle-length skirt is in a baby pink colour, whilst the top is rose gold with sequins. Caterina picked out a dusty pinkish nude chiffon scarf to match the outfit.

I look in the mirror 30 minutes after apply some makeup, I look different. I lost a little bit of weight, I look tired. But somehow, I look... pretty. I haven't said that in a while. I love how dressing up can really change the mood.

Caterina wanted to go to the party with me but her parents want her to arrive with them. I'm guessing so that they can introduce her to others at the event. I was told someone would pick me up to bring me to the place.

I walk down the stairs to see Darcie waiting at the kitchen counter.

"Darcie, hi!" I greet her.

My God... she looks absolutely gorgeous. She's in a floor length, black dress. It'a tight against her body, not a single wrinkle or bump on the dress. It's so smoothly against her skin as if it was made just for her.

"Hey! Inaya, right?" She smiles.

I nod. "You look gorgeous."

"Thank you! So do you. That colour suits you so much, you look adorable." She says.

Suddenly, it hits me why she's here. She must be Dominic's date.

My stomach twists in jealousy. I feel bitter about it. Not like I was expecting him to take me instead but I guess it can't be helped.

"Thank you..." I say shyly. "You must be going with Dominic."

"I am." She rolls her eyes. "I had other plans but I'm here now. Are you coming with us?"

"Uh, no, Darcie. I'm going separately." I quickly answer her.

Just as I was about to answer, Dominic's voice peers out of the corner of the room.

"Darcie, you're—" He doesn't finish his sentence.

I turn around to see him staring at me, not blinking once. His eyes trail from my feet, slowly all the way up to my eyes. The look in his eyes... it made my knees go weak.

It doesn't end there, he's dressed so... handsome. My heart skips a beat looking at him. He's dressed in all black. His shirt tight against his body making his muscles very visible. It looks like that one wrong move would rip it.

My cheeks begin heating up as I start fidgeting with my hands.

Caterina was right. He seems to really have an effect on women because Darcie looks like she's salivating.

"My, my, Dom. You look dashing. If you want, we could go for a quickie right now." She winks.

My eyes widen at that comment.

"I'll take you up on that offer later, Darcie." He answers.

A little of envy ignites in me.

I begin walking away when he stops me by asking, "Where are you going?"

"She's going to the party, duh." Darcie answers for me, which I'm grateful for because my words seem to be a little stuck.

"Did I ask you the question, Darcie?" His voice stern.

Darcie rolls her eyes again. "Whatever."

"Who invited you?"

"Angela and Caterina." I answer, simply.