[ 41 ]

Dominic's POV

"Why would you try to ruin an innocent girl's life?" Nick raised his voice at me.

"Ruin her life? I want to spend the rest of my life with her." I defend myself.

"You're not good for her, Dominic. You're broken, damaged and toxic. You want nothing from life except violence and sex. How do you know this isn't lust? How do you know once you fuck her, you won't be bored with her? You'll break her to pieces because you're fucked up and never had a heart."

"Nicholas!" I frown. He's not wrong, there's no guarantee with someone like me but how could he speak to me like this?

I thought he'd be happy for me. I thought he'd celebrate with me that I'm trying to push towards something better.

"Am I wrong, Dom? Tell me I'm wrong and I'll walk away from this." He challenges me.

"It doesn't fucking matter. Leave me the fuck alone." I say.

That night, after the business deal went through, I drank my night away with Nick's words buzzing in my ears.

You're broken, damaged and toxic.

How do you know once you fuck her, you won't be bored with her?

You'll break her to pieces because you're fucked up and never had a heart.

Once I woke up in my hotel room, I couldn't remember anything from that night. I don't have clothes on, only a blanket covering my crotch.

Fuck, fuck, fuck. What the fuck did I do last night?!

It's not even that it was a blur, I couldn't fucking remember. It's as if I blacked out for all of it.

That's not normal, I always remember. Hell, I don't even get drunk after 10 shots of any type of alcohol because of the tolerance I had built up over the years of training. I barely had four shots last night. Four-fucking-shots.

I feel sick. It's not even the feeling of hungover, it feels like there's poison in my system.

"Fuck!" I run my fingers through my hair. "Could someone have spiked my drink?"

I jump out of the bed when things start clicking. "Fucking hell. Inaya!"

Someone must've gone after her.

• • •

I don't waste one single second once I step out of the car. I run to the front door of my house and I slam open the door in a hurry only to find Inaya sitting on the couch, staring at a blank wall.

"Inaya...?" I call out her name.

Her eyes slowly drift towards me.

Something isn't right.

"Look who it is!" Her voice unsteady. "It's the man who only knows how to break my heart!"

She walks towards me only to stumble a couple of times before she reaches me.

I stop at my tracks, I know exactly what's wrong.

She's not drunk... the way she's talking... it has to be some kind of drugs.

Did someone fucking dope her up?

But I can tell it isn't any harmful dosage or else she wouldn't be able to move, let alone utter a single word.

"You, mister, you're in big trouble." She pokes at my chest.

"Who did this to you?" I ask, ignoring her statement.