[ 13 ]

Inaya's POV

I stare at him as he drives us to wherever he's taking us.

His face is expressionless, cold. His fingers occasionally tap the steering wheel as a way of thinking or impatience.

The car ride is quiet. No talking. No music. Not even a small peep. Just the sounds of cars passing by and the sound of the engine.

It's awfully quiet and I should be glad but the silence is almost deafening. It's amplifying my anxiety because I can't figure out where I'm going or what's going on.

Finally, he drives up to a lavish building that has to be about 50 stories tall. A man, who I'm guessing is a valet, opens my door and I look at Dominic.

He nods at me and I get off of the car. He throws the key at the valet and the valet drives off.

Dominic lends out his arm for me to take but I don't take it at first. So, he grabs my hand and wraps it around his.

"What are we doing here?" I ask again, hoping for an answer.

"Don't ask any questions. Don't even speak one word without my permission. Understood?" He says sternly.

"But—"

He grips my arm tighter using his other hand. "Not. One. Word."

He leads me into a room with... just men in suits.

They're all staring right at me... but not because I'm out of place...

I can't pinpoint exactly why but I can tell that they're examining me, analyzing me, it's what I would do before picking a fresh fruit.

I feel sweat forming on my forehead and my grasp on Dominic's arm tightens slightly. 

My heart is beating faster and faster as we get closer to the small group of men who look incredibly wealthy.

My breath gets caught in my throat when we turn the corner to get a better view of the room.

There's a room full of girls tied in chains in the corner of the room. But those girls... their eyes are hollow as if they don't have a soul. As if they've been broken to the point of no return.

And then it hits me, I know what this is.

He can't be doing this to me.

He can't be selling me.

Adrenaline quickly begins pumping through my veins. My heart will explode if it keeps beating at this rate. My body is screaming for me to run but run where?

The saliva in my mouth is thickening and beads of sweat is slowly trickling down the side of my face. I'm going to vomit from the horror in front of me.

"You can't do this to me." I whisper, my voice is coming out course.

Dominic looks at me with not one shred of guilt or sympathy in those dark brown eyes. "Business is business. I was offered a good price for you just yesterday."

"Please." I beg him. "Don't do this."

He ignores my pleas and technically drags me to a man, who looks extremely intimidating. I'm uncomfortable from just the way he looks at me.

"Signor Luciano, come sta?" Dominic's tone takes a 180 as it's more formal and polite now.

"Non mi posso lamentare. Now that I see what you've brought me." The old man grins disgustingly at me.

"Sir?" I hear a familiar voice call out.

When I turn around, I see Lenny and Benny is standing right behind him.