[ 16 ]

A/N: The following scenes will be descriptively violent and crude, which may be triggering and disturbing to younger readers. Reader's discretion is advised.

- - -

Inaya's POV

I hadn't seen Dominic since our last encounter. This always happens. He traumatizes to me a certain extent and then disappears.

I don't even think he's come back home for those few days I haven't seen him. I hadn't realized how awfully quiet and [creepy] it has become, living in this ginormous mansion by myself. Doesn't he get lonely?

I haven't seen Nicholas for a few days either. I'm going to take a lucky guess that he's busy. I wonder what his job in all of this is? How not-so-innocent acts has his innocent eyes seen? How many did he commit himself?

Sometimes, because of Nicholas' playful and polite personality, it slips my mind that he's a Belcastro. He must do some shady work.

I pour myself a glass of mango juice and sit at the counter as I stare at the wall with too many thoughts zooming in and out of my mind.

I feel like being completely alone with only your thoughts as company is a very self destructive behaviour, especially if you're thoughts lean more towards being dark than positive.

I stare at my bandaged finger, and that night's events begin unfolding in my mind again. A blush creeps onto my cheeks, making me feel those tingles again.

"Ya Allah! I need to stop..." I quickly pat my cheeks, trying to calm down.

Suddenly, a thud perks up my ears. What I thought was just one small sound, became a constant thud.

"What the..." I quickly stand up to go find the location of this sound.

"Is there a pipe problem?" I think out loud.

Or did someone break in?

"Pffft, no one can break in! I'm sure Dominic has some sort of security system in this house. Or at least, no one would be dumb enough to break into Dominic Belcastro's home." I say to myself as I walk around trying to figure it out.

I find a large, dark chestnut-coloured door, which is slightly peaked open.

I look inside out of curiosity and to my horror, I see a man tied to chair. The room is extremely dark except for the small light bulb above the man's head, shining enough light on him for me to see that he's been badly beaten.

"You really fucking thought I wouldn't catch you double-crossing me? Ha, you sleazy fuck!" Dominic's loud, angry voice makes me jump.

There's a shiny, metallic object in his hand, which I quickly realize is a large knife.

"Sir, I'm sorry, it won't happen again. It was a big mistake, they said—"

"They said what?" Dominic slides the knife across the bottom of the man's chin, making the man scream in agony. "They couldn't have possibly been more terrifying than me?"

"They... they... threatened my family." The man tries explaining through his gritted teeth.

"Family, you say?" Even in the darkness of the room, I could see his cruel, detestable, disturbing smile in a permanent sinister snarl. "Wife? Daughters? Mistresses? I'll fuck those whores until they're bleeding to death all because you don't understand loyalty in this gang."