chapter-12

Varun was feeling sad looking at Niha. She was hugging him , crying and telling,
" Sorry brother. I didn't mean to hurt you. Really. It just ...happened. I couldn't tell you because it was all sudden. Please don't get angry on me. If you want you can shout on me but don't think that I didn't..... value you. It will never happen."

"Niha just listen to me," Varun released Niha and cupped her face, " I am not angry on you. You know it very well. How can I get angry on you? It's just that I will be staying alone after you left, my sis."

Varun wiped Niha's tears. " Why it always have to be like this? Why should I leave you? No, i won't. "
Varun smiled looking at his sister's innocent face,
" Do you remember our childhood days Niha?"

Niha smiled at the thought of those days. Niha and Varun are like enemies. They can't endure each other. They used to fight a lot. There was no day for them to stay without wounds. They used to fight for little things.

Now, things changed between them. All the silly fights have gone after the incident. Many changes happened in their lifes. They faced lot of struggles. No one was there for them. They both stood for one another, supported each other. Now both of them can face the world.

" You used to steal my chocolates, " Niha pouted.
Varun laughed at her," Out of all you remembered only that."
Niha nodded her head. Varun said,
" Don't ever cry Niha. I can't see tears in your eyes. Can I talk to my brother in law?", Varun asked Niha.
Niha dialled his number. But, he didn't lift the call.

Sanjay was in deep thoughts thinking of Karthik's words. He was interrupted when Shiv entered his office.
" Where is Karthik? I couldn't find him," Shiv asked Sanjay.
" He shouted and left," Sanjay shrugged his shoulders.

"Why?"
" He is thinking that I shouldn't marry her. She slapped me, damn it. How could I be silent?"
" That doesn't mean you have rights on her."
" You too don't start it, dude. I am tired of all these arguments. "

Their conversation was hang on by Sanjay's phone call. He look over his phone to see who called him. The screen displayed Niha's name.
" Not again," Sanjay grumbled and placed the phone on his table.
Shiv looked at the display and answered the call. He put call on speaker.

" Why did you answer the call?", Sanjay asked irritated.
" Just answer her. Might be important. "
Sanjay heard Niha's voice.
" What do you want?", Sanjay shouted.

" Varun wants to talk with you. So, I called."
" Ok. But, whats with your voice?"
" No..nothing."
" Give it to me."
Niha gave her phone to Varun.

" Hi, Sanjay."
" Hey, varun."
" Niha told me that you both thought to get married by saturday."
" Yes."

" Don't you think it's too early."
" You too don't start."
" Ok. I can understand. Can we talk directly then about the arrangements?"
" Don't worry. I will take care."

" No. It's my only sister's marriage. How can I let it over without any responsibility?"
" Ok then. I will come to your house," Sanjay cut Varun's call.

He turned towards Shiv and said," Both brother and sister are crap man."
" You entered into it by yourself buddy," Shiv patted Sanjay shoulder.

" Come then. Let's go."
" Why me?"
" Why do you think I will go there alone?"
" I am out of it."

" Did you forget who helped you when you and Vandana fought?" Sanjay asked Shiv.
" Now you are blackmailing me."
" Everything is fair man," Sanjay pointed out.

Shiv and Sanjay left to Niha's house. Sanjay came across Niha. She smiled looking at both of them. Sanjay was examining her face.
" What happened? Were you crying?", Sanjay asked Niha worriedly.
" No. I will call my brother. Sit down."

Sanjay was looking at the retreating figure. Shiv was noticing his friend's sudden change in behavior. He saw Sanjay worrying for her. He smiled looking at Sanjay.

" What?"
" Nothing," Shiv shook his head.
Both of them glanced towards Varun when he entered hall. Varun greeted them.

" Can we talk?", Varun asked Sanjay.
" Yes."
Varun turned towards Niha," What?" Niha asked.
" Go to your room."
" Why?"
" Just do as I say."

Niha nodded her head disapprovingly.
" I will accompany you," Shiv stood from his chair and walked towards Niha.
" Why?" Sanjay interrupted them.
" To complain about you."
Niha, Varun, Shiv burst out into laughter.

Niha led Shiv to her room.
" So, you are the one to make my friend restless."
" What have I done?" Niha widened her eyes.
" He fell for you."
" Wh...what? Don't joke around Shiv."
" Then what? You fell for him."

Niha was surprised at his questions.
" N...no. Why will I? He is the one to force me to marry him," Niha said stammering.
" You agreed for that. Do you think I believe it?" Shiv giggled.

Niha was about to answer but Shiv's focus changed to the pictures on the wall. There were several pictures of Niha and Moukti.
" Who is she?" Shiv pointed towards Moukti.

" My best friend, Moukti."
" So both my best friends fell for bestfriends," Shiv grumbled.
" What?", Niha questioned.

Shiv just ended the conversation by saying her nothing. He sat on Niha's bed.
Shiv was giggling like a small kid.
" Do you have any anxiety problem?"
" What? Why?"

" You were chuckling without any reason."
" I have my own reasons."
" What are they?"
He signed Niha to come towards him and bend towards her ear and said," It's secret."

Niha hit Shiv playfully," I wonder how Vandana was bearing an idiot like you."
" It's all my ill fate," Shiv said wiping his fake tears.
" I will complain to her."
" Go on. Shall I give you my phone?"
" You're stupid." She didn't know Sanjay was noticing them until she heard his clearing throat.

" What's happening here?"
" Nothing," Niha replied immediately.
" Come let's go," Sanjay said to Niha.
" Me?" Niha pointed her index finger towards herself.

" Yes, you."
"Why?"
" Just go with him Niha," Varun cut in.
Niha shook her head.
" What did you talk?" Niha asked Varun.
" Nothing Niha. Don't act childish. Now go," Varun replied.

---------------------------------------------

Shiv took Niha to her room leaving Sanjay and Varun behind.
" What did you want to talk?" Sanjay questioned Varun.
"I wanted to know about the arrangements and where you wanted to held the wedding."

" You don't have to worry. I already told you. I will look after that," Sanjay said .
" No, I can't. It's my only sister marriage. I don't want to burden you. I will be happy to take of the arrangements. I saved money for this day."

" You don't have to. It's between me and Niha. So, I can take care of all."
" Please understand. I wanted to do."
" As you wish then. But let's share. I too want my hand on marriage planning."
" Ok then."

Sanjay looked at Varun's face.
" Is there anything you want to tell?" , Sanjay asked Varun.
" It's actually yes. I know you won't hurt Niha. Take good care of her. Make sure that she won't shed a tear which I was unable to do."
" I will try," Sanjay let out forced smile.

" I will leave then. I want to take Niha out if it is ok for you."
" yes, sure."

------------------------------------------

Please vote and share my story with your friends. Don't forget to comment and let me know how the story is.