chapter-47

While all were busy with greeting the relatives, Arjun came to the engagement hall. Niha noticed him entering the hall. She excused herself from Vandana and went towards Arjun.

" Hey Arjun. Is this the time to come here?" Niha questioned Arjun.

" Why? I was on correct time."

" No. You're late." Then Niha observed Arjun's attire. He was dressed up in black suit. Niha looked at him questioningly. Usually Arjun is not the person to dress like that. He mostly prefers shirt and jeans.

" What's with this dress? You usually prefer shirt and trousers right. What's the reason?", Niha asked mischievously.

" No. Nothing like that," Arjun was trying to explain.

"I know where the person is for whom you came here," Niha said and pointed her finger towards Ananya's direction.

Arjun went towards Ananya without saying a word to Niha.

" Idiot. He left me here immediately he found that girl," Niha said to herself but failed to notice Sanjay standing behind her.

Niha suddenly found someone behind her and stiffened her posture. She relaxed when she heard the words, " Relax. It's me."

" What do you want?", Niha questioned Sanjay.

" You seem to be alone. So, I came to accompany you."

" There is no need of your presence here. I can manage," Niha said.

" Won't you talk to me?", Sanjay questioned Niha.

" With whom am I talking now? Am I having hallucinations?" Niha said sarcastically.

" I didn't mean like that. You're not talking to me like always."

" Tell me one thing why did you said to uncle friend like that," Niha asked Sanjay.

" Let's change the topic."

" Why? You could atleast nod your head than to retard. There were so many people around you. You could atleast be silent. It's like you don't respect dad."

Sanjay left from there leaving Niha there. These were the words he don't want to hear. Someone supporting his father infront of him. That too Niha. He never brought the topic before Niha. She always brings the topic he doesn't want to discuss.

Later, Karthik and Moukti exchanged the rings. All the people present there congratulated them.

Next day morning

Niha was in hurry to reach the hospital. She got up and did her morning chores. She was searching for her spectacles. She couldn't find them. She remembered keeping them on the cupboard. But they weren't present there.

"Where did I keep them? Did I got alzheimers or what? I am too young to get it. Where did I keep them?" Niha thought to herself rubbing her head.

Sanjay was sitting on his bed and looking at his phone. He knew Niha was searching for her spects. He sat on bed like there was no person present in that room. He was smiling to himself.

" What are you laughing for?", Niha questioned Sanjay.

" It's meme in my Instagram. Don't think too high for yourself."

" Ok fine. Have you seen my spects? I kept in the cupboard. "

" I know," Sanjay said.

" Where is it?"

" For you to have them, you should talk to me properly. "

" I have work, Sanjay. Give them to me. I will leave."